AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel layout Components

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
1966 Views, 23 Replies

Panel layout Components

How can I add components to the panel layout thats not shown on the schematic like fuse holder etc?

If I use the multiple catalog method and add the fuse holder under the fuse will it link to the panel layout when I build my panel from the schematic? My goal is to have the BOM fo rthe panel layout the same as the schematic.

Also, how do you delete a child components without going through all the schematic?

Thanks for any guidance.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

Justin,

To get unique Item numbers you will need to renumber the entire project after setting the item numbering to "Accumulate Project Wide" in the "Item Numbering Setup" Dialog box located in the Components Tab of the Project's Properties.

In the same tab you can set how Multi-Caltog items are numbered by selecting Per-Component Basis instead of Per Part number Basis.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

That is exactly what I did but it is not working  ( Item numbering mode - accumulate project wide;Item Assignments- Per-Component Basis)  . I don't know what I am doing wrong..any guidance, pls

Message 23 of 24
testsubject

Is it possible that you set each of these components'  Item numbers to "Fixed"? This is done in the Edit Component" Dialog Box.

Did you run "Resquence Item Numbers" Located in the Edit Footprints Section of the Panel Tab?

Maybe Run Project Utilities and set all the Item numbers to Normal.

Did you run the resequence on the entire project (Schematics and Panel Drawings)? ACE stores the item numbers in the schematics now.

I am a little stuck after this. I am not sure what to tell you next.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 24 of 24
Anonymous

When using INSERT FOOTPRINT (SCHEMATIC LIST), how can I make it to show only the components with MFG/CAT info?  Currently it is showing verything which I don't want. Let me know...thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost