Re: Panel layout Components

11-13-2012 01:19 PM in reply to: testsubject

Thank you.

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 12 of 24 (477 Views)

11-13-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: Justin2012

It depends on how your ordering is done. Some companies may have a seperate purchasing area for just the electrical components as compared to metalwork. The BOM could also be issued to various manufacturing sections for them to gather the components and build the the panel.

We have a mechanical section that builds the cubicles and the mechanical side of things (including bus bars) while the electrical section just builds the control panels before installing them into the cabinets. The schematic BOM is issued to the electrical section so they know what components are used in which panel and the same for the mechanical section with the cubicles.

The electrical could be in house supplied or the metalwork. It just depends on the company.

For a full BOM including metalwork, the panel BOM would be the way to go.

For just electrical items, the schematic one would be it.

It would all depend on your needs.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Distinguished Contributor
Justin2012
Message 13 of 24 (461 Views)

11-14-2012 05:28 AM in reply to: Icemanau

When I insert the din rails and enclosure what tag # should I put?

Also, is it possible to have the panel BOM and schematic BOM to be the same?

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 14 of 24 (456 Views)

11-14-2012 06:11 AM in reply to: Justin2012

Justin,

You could just match the table in the database; DI=dinrail, WW=Wireway, EN=Enclosure, etc.

Although I suppose it is possible to have both the schematic and panel BOM match, I have to ask, why? Why would you want photo-eyes (for example) to appear on your enclosure BOM when they are not there?  It would be a lot of extra work when all you have to do is do a BOM on the whole project to accomplish the same thing.

Of course I do not know your workflow which may require that you try to accomplish something like this.

Just my $0.02.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Justin2012
Message 15 of 24 (431 Views)

11-15-2012 07:47 AM in reply to: Justin2012

I understand an dthanks for the input...

out of the box question, is it possible to have two titleblock on a project so when I use titleblock update it works correctly?

Also, when using Option B update block(same name), how can I pick a block in the icon menu just like the option A swap block?

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 16 of 24 (428 Views)

11-15-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: Justin2012

There is no problem with having different Titleblocks in the same project. It is up to you to assign the appropriate attributes in each titleblock. You can have different information in the  WD_TB attribute in each tittleblock.

Option B in the Update/Swap block is meant for updating an existing block so there is no provision (AFAIK) for picking a symbol from the menu to update since you will pick the symbol from the drawing. You will be given the option to apply the update either drawing or project wide.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Justin2012
Message 17 of 24 (424 Views)

11-15-2012 10:40 AM in reply to: Justin2012

How is that possible...the attributes and the titleblock setup is different for the two titleblock so when you do titleblock update some attributes will not be found. 

Please refer to the attachment and let me know

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 18 of 24 (419 Views)

11-15-2012 11:03 AM in reply to: Justin2012

Each titleblock can have its own WD_TB attribute that is unique for that Titlblock. The Titleblock Update does not care if some of the attributes are not on a specific drawing. The error you saw is normal. Since those attributes are not on the second drawing, ACE will respond that it could not find them. Doesn't harm the Titleblock update though. It will continue on updating what it can find.

I have been doing it this way for years. I have a nameplate that goes on the machine that contains around 8 description values that are not on any other drawings.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Justin2012
Message 19 of 24 (307 Views)

Multiple catalog

12-05-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: testsubject

When using multiple catalog, how can I add our part to the multiple catalog components. The WD has a part# which is automatically copied to the other multiple catalog components which is not correct. The mutiple catalog components has different part numbers from that shown in the WD. I don't want to edit this in the report..I prefer automation.

Please let me know

Justin2012
Message 20 of 24 (242 Views)

01-11-2013 06:19 AM in reply to: Justin2012

Please refer below. I don't want the item numbers(29) to be the same. I've changed the item numbering in the project manager but it is still not working. Also, how can I make the multiple catalog components in the panel not to have  item numbers? 

Capture1.JPG

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.