AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Layout catalog info

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
305 Views, 6 Replies

Panel Layout catalog info

I am fairly new to AutoCAD Electrical. Currently using ACE 2010. Can someone please help me with the Panel Layout catalogue information.  I am trying to learn about the database files in the Panel Layout Component Insert/Edit  window.  Under CATALOG DATA---->Catalog Lookup window.  How does this information get here and how to manipulate it?  Is this imported information from the vendors?  Can I change the data in these files?  If so, how?  Can I create my own with parts that we use only?  I am interested because when I create a BIll of materials, the information comes from these catalog files and I need to change it.  Can someone please help.

Thank You

RBN

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rcreel
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this the info you mean?

Untitled.jpg

default_cat.mdb  

edit using Access

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rcreel

That's it.  Is this informtion you you can obtain from the manufacturer?  I have noticed that it is an Microsoft Access file named default_cat.mdb.  I wanted to learn more about it.  Did someone import this from a vendor?  Looks like lots of information to just manually enter.  I am trying to automate the BOM and would like to verify everything is up to date like the catalogs.  Some items did not appear to be on the list.  Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RBN

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rcreel

Another thing, how did you open this window?  Is this a different Microsoft Access?  Mine does not look like this.  Catalog Browser?

Message 5 of 7
testsubject

That is the Catalog Browser from ACE 2015.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

Oh ok it might be slightly different since I am using ACE 2010.  Will be upgrading to ACE 2015 in February. 

Message 7 of 7
Icemanau

When you first install ACAD Electrical, you are asked to select the different component vendors to install into your catalog.

This is where all that data comes from.

Some people only install the vendors they use most while others install ALL the vendors, then manually copying the file to a secondary name before editing the original and removing the ones they don't need.

Note that earlier versions of electrical can't use the versions from later releases, however later releases can import the data from earlier releases and add them to the new version.

When you upgrade to 2015, you will get the latest versions of the catalog with any extra components. You will need to migrate your existing catalog and other data files to keep any specific components that you have added that are not already covered.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost