AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
STEVENAR
Message 1 of 5 (451 Views)

Panel Footprint Scaling

451 Views, 4 Replies
08-16-2012 06:52 AM

Hi,

When I insert footprints of panel components from the IEC libraries into a panel at a 1 to 1 scale. The scaling of the components it not right. The components are too small. Can someone please advise on how to correct this.

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 5 (447 Views)

Re: Panel Footprint Scaling

08-16-2012 09:08 AM in reply to: STEVENAR

My guess is that you are using a drawing that is set up for metric and all the footprints are set up for standard.

When you insert a footprint, you are given the ability to change the insertion scale of the footprint at the bottom of the Panel Icon Menu. Set it for 25.4 and al lthe footprints should scale just fine.

Footprint scaling.png

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 3 of 5 (437 Views)

08-16-2012 09:12 PM in reply to: testsubject

Like Bob said, it sounds like you are using a metric environment. You can click on the Configuration icon on the Panel tab and preset the scale factor for panel layout symbols so you don't have to enter the scale each time you insert a symbol.  See attached screen capture.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Distinguished Contributor
STEVENAR
Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

08-17-2012 05:01 AM in reply to: dougmcalexander

That's my problem solved.

Thanks guy's.

chasquinho
Message 5 of 5 (306 Views)

02-20-2013 06:57 AM in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Doug,

I have the same problem but the other way round. My blocks are in mm, and I have enormous blocks when I insert them in my Imperial (inches) working frame.

I also noticed that after inserting the block, the drawing scale turns from "inches' to "Unitless"

I have ACADE 2010.

Regards

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.