AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel BOM Reports

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ronbotkin
346 Views, 3 Replies

Panel BOM Reports

Does anyone know how to change the format of the Panel BOM Report when saving it to an Excel file?

I would like to combine the fields DESC, QUERY2, QUERY3, MISC1, MISC2, USER1, USER2 and USER3 into one field and seperate them with commas.

We use this BOM other places and it would be really nice to be able to do this when I save the report.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: ronbotkin

There might be a way to write a User Post code that would do what you want but the faster way may be to just create a "Concatenate" column in your spreadsheet to join them all after it is created.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
ronbotkin
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks Bob,

I already have the concatenate for the spreadsheet but it requires several steps to get it into a useable form.  I was hoping for an easy way to do it in script when I saved the file so I wouldn't have to do the concatenate.  I haven't done much programming in a number of years but it looks like I will have to write something.

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: ronbotkin

When saving a report to file, you always have the option to push the Run Script button.

Capture.PNG

If you now press "other", you can select what script file to run. This script file can trigger som program that processes the excel file. 

A little programming has to be done of course, but nothiong that difficult.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost