AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel BOM for a single drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dmray
277 Views, 3 Replies

Panel BOM for a single drawing

I'm doing some non-project ACADE work, but I would like to utilize some of the power of the software.  Specifically, I want to generate a 'panel' BOM for a cable assembly.  I created the drawing, adding the components manually so the intelligence is there.  Now, I would like to create the report associated with the drawing.  The problem is, since It's not part of a project, by default, it doesn't give me the option of selecting 'drawing' in the 'drawing' or 'project' selection section.  That option is grayed out.

I guess the $1.25 question is, is this even possible?  Am I missing an option/setting somewhere?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

And yes.  The thought is there to just create a single page project and run the reports, but I'd rather not do that.  Mainly because I don't want to, unless I have to.  Why do the extra work when one would think this is a simple process?

Thanks for the help

Doug (no.  the OTHER Doug...)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drathak
in reply to: dmray

The problem is that the project file is what defines a drawing as an "electrical" drawing.

Don't think there is any way around it.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 4
sonny3g
in reply to: drathak

I have a project, called test, and when I need to do something similar to your problem that requires memebership in a project, I just add the drawing to my test project.  Then I can run the report and get the results I want.  Whether the drawing stays in the test project or gets removed depends on how often I think I might have to do an edit to that drawing.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 4 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: sonny3g

if you have the part no assigned to a specfice attribute you can use data extraction tool in plain autocad it takes a bit of fiddling to make it work but it will dump a table of extracted attributes onto a drawing or save the data as xls/mdb file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost