AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Balloon Sizes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jlr573
3646 Views, 5 Replies

Panel Balloon Sizes

When I'm trying to change the balloon size AutoCAD defaults the values i entered to 1. The numbers I enter are: Text Size (.25) Arrow Size (.25) balloon Diameter (.625). Then I click OK to close the window. I then go back in to the window to see what the values are and AutoCAD has changed them back to ONE. Do I need to change something else elsewhere?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
smsyooper
in reply to: jlr573

JLR573,

I'm a new user to AutoCAD Electrical and would like to change my balloon shape and size. Did you ever get a solution to the problem you experienced?

--Thanks
Message 3 of 6
dougmcalexander

You click the Panel Configuration icon on the Panel Layout toolbar. Next click the Setup button in the balloon category (see attached screen image). You can enter the text size, arrow size, and balloon diameter. You can also select various balloon styles.

I have no problem setting mine to 0.250 text size and arrow size, with a 0.625 balloon diameter. I don't know why it isn't working for the other user who started this thread. I can only speculate that perhaps his drawing somehow contains more than one WD_PNLM block and it is causing confusion. The selections you make are stored as attribute values in a hidden block called the WD_PNLM block, located at coordinates 0,0,0. You can make this block visible by typing ATTMODE at the command line and pressing the enter key. Then type the number 2 and enter. This makes hidden attributes visible. Zoom to the lower left of your drawing and you will see the WD_PNLM block. To return to normal mode, type ATTMODE at the command line, press enter, type 1, and press enter. ATTMODE 1 is normal, ATTMODE 2 reveals hidden attributes. Note: Schematic drawings contain a hidden block as well that stores the schematic drawing configuration settings. This block is called the WD_M block and it also resides at 0,0,0.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 6
smsyooper

Thanks for the reply. Turns out I needed to adjust my UNITS from architectural to decimal to prevent whole numbers from being automatically entered into the fields of the Panel Balloon Setup screen.
Message 5 of 6
mickey0601

I spent three hours trying to correct this problem. No matter what I did, the balloons were coming up with everything reverting back to 1. I finally came here and read the comment about changing the "units" from fractional to decimal.

Of course, it fixed my problem. It just seems idiotic that the panel balloons are effected by this setting. Can someone at Autocad pleeeeaaaase fix this sometime in the future.

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: mickey0601

I logged this item. Logging it does not guarantee a change by any specific time or release. It means that it will be looked at by the team and considered for a future release.  

Sorry for this inconvenience,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost