AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Balloon auto update??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sstrecker
941 Views, 5 Replies

Panel Balloon auto update??

OK, I completely understand where and how to setup panel balloon text and circle sizes.  The problem is that after I plot one of my drawings, I sometimes realize they can't be read and need to be bigger.  So, I go in and adjust the size (in the setup page) and all of my existing balloons do not auto update.  I have to go in a re-insert every single one.  I've tried resequencing, changing from circle to elipse, and yelling at the screen.  Nothing makes them update!   If I change my dimension text, they all update just fine.  Shouldn't the balloons?  Am I missing something or am I going to have to re-insert and align all of the balloons again?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dshood
in reply to: sstrecker

Use the attached lisp routine...it allows you to select them...

Message 3 of 6
sstrecker
in reply to: dshood

Thanks!  But my next question is how do you run a lisp routine from Autocad?  Is this something they are going to fix or will we keep having to do it the other way?

Message 4 of 6
dshood
in reply to: sstrecker

What you need to do is detach the file into a folder that is part of your AutoCAD support directory structure like the following "C:\program files\autodesk\acade 2013\support" and then go to the TOOLS menu of AutoCAD and Load the lisp file I sent then type "INFLATE" and follow the prompts. This is a work around tool that was given to me many years ago. The only problem with it is you have to select the Balloons.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dshood

Nice little routine .... works a treat!

@dshood wrote:

Use the attached lisp routine...it allows you to select them...

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

This auto-balloon update is a good idea. So I went ahead and logged the balloon update as an idea on the IdeaStation. You can go in and add comments and vote for the idea using the Kudos button.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideastation/balloon-update/idi-p/5423884

Feel free to log any other ideas on the AutoCAD Electrical IdeaStation.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost