Message 12 of 21 (94 Views)

Re: Page Numbering

06-09-2004 04:28 AM in reply to: dlash
That is true.
dlash
Message 13 of 21 (94 Views)

06-09-2004 05:51 AM in reply to: dlash
Is there a way to write a script that can access the drawings in a project so that I can make it number them the way I want?

Are there any VBA or LISP examples that may point me in the right direction?

Darren
*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 14 of 21 (94 Views)

06-09-2004 07:00 AM in reply to: dlash
Darren, There is a built-in hook to run your user-defined script against some or all dwgs in a project. This is accessed from the "Proj-Wide Utilities" button on the PROJ toolbar flyout. Look for the "For each drawing... Run command script file" toggle and file selection box. This script could probably invoke your custom VBA or Lisp programs. Alternately, you can look at the "API" section in the on-line help. There are about 200 or so Lisp hooks into AcadE. Nate. "dlash" wrote in message news:8251568.1086785496724.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to write a script that can access the drawings in a project so that I can make it number them the way I want? > > Are there any VBA or LISP examples that may point me in the right direction? > > Darren
Distinguished Contributor
MartinLee
Message 15 of 21 (94 Views)

06-09-2004 09:34 AM in reply to: dlash
Robert,

I am not currently auto-numbering the sheets, I have to manually put in the sheet number for each new drawing (in the config dialkog). Part of my response above is a request to Autodesk that ACE be able to create multiple sheets and that the sheet number be sequenced for each sheet base on user input for a starting number (sort of like the device tagging or re-tag command).

I am amazed at how much discussion this thread has gernerated!

Martin
*TestSubject_US
Message 16 of 21 (94 Views)

06-09-2004 09:49 AM in reply to: dlash
Martin, Being able to automate the process is why most of us use ACE. As I suggested to Darren, until a better way to do it comes up, try grouping the drawings together in sequential order that will have consecutive sheet numbers. The from the update dialog box, check Sheet and Resequence sheet with "1-01" for your starting point (assuming "1" is the section number and "01" is the sheet number. Then check project wide and only highlight the group of drawings you want to resequence. Check "Process v" and then "OK". This will generate the sheet numbers for that group. Then repeat for each subsequent group. This may not be the best way but at least you will be able to automatically generate the sheet number values. Let me know if this makes any sense.
dlash
Message 17 of 21 (94 Views)

06-09-2004 10:00 AM in reply to: dlash
<>

OK, but isn't this going to restart the script for each drawing? So how would I keep up with the last page number for a particular section? Is there a way to create a "global" variable in the project scope?

Darren
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 18 of 21 (94 Views)

06-09-2004 10:09 AM in reply to: dlash
This was first posted in Newsreader but did not appear in the web browser....

Martin,

Being able to automate the process is why most of us use ACE. As I suggested
to Darren, until a better way to do it comes up, try grouping the drawings
together in sequential order that will have consecutive sheet numbers. The
from the update dialog box, check Sheet and Resequence sheet with "1-01" for
your starting point (assuming "1" is the section number and "01" is the
sheet number. Then check project wide and only highlight the group of
drawings you want to resequence. Check "Process v" and then "OK". This will
generate the sheet numbers for that group. Then repeat for each subsequent
group.

This may not be the best way but at least you will be able to automatically
generate the sheet number values.

Let me know if this makes any sense.
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 19 of 21 (94 Views)

06-10-2004 02:12 PM in reply to: dlash
Darren, You can save your data in a global lisp variable or, more crudely, write it out to a text file and read it back in, or ??. AcadE sets system variable LISPINIT to 0 which means that lisp variables you create while one drawing is open are preserved when you open the next drawing. Nate. "dlash" wrote in message news:15933282.1086800462175.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > <> > > OK, but isn't this going to restart the script for each drawing? So how would I keep up with the last page number for a particular section? Is there a way to create a "global" variable in the project scope? > > Darren
Contributor
pgstein
Message 20 of 21 (94 Views)

02-13-2008 11:19 AM in reply to: dlash
This thread is almost 4 years old now. I am wondering if anything has every been done in the newer versions to resolve this.

Basically, I want to be able to divide my project into sections and automatically update the sheet numbers based on each section, ie:

Schematics (Section 1)
1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3

Panel Layout (Section 2)
1 of 2
2 of 2

Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Paul
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.