AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
hwhite
Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)

Output Module UE410-R0 - How to represent one in ACADE?

203 Views, 1 Replies
03-28-2011 06:14 AM

I have the need to represent device that has 2 relays built  into one unit.  Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to go about this so it will still carry the information correctly and show properly in a BOM?  I'm attaching some additional info.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 2 (201 Views)

Re: Output Module UE410-R0 - How to represent one in ACADE?

03-28-2011 07:59 AM in reply to: hwhite

I think I would create a symbol with Symbol Builder that looks similar to the illustration from the SICK catalog.  It is, after all, a control module that happens to function in a similar fashion to a relay, but really it is more akin to a small PLC with inputs that execute pre-programmed logic, and execute output states accordingly.  So I would treat it more as a logic module than as a relay. 

According to IEC/EN81346 I would set a tag default of K, which indicates logic circuit devices from control relays to CPUs.  Use signal arrows to bring the wires to the symbol from pages other than the page where the module will reside.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.