AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional Parts ACADe->Inventor

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mikezocchi
285 Views, 0 Replies

Optional Parts ACADe->Inventor

Hi all,

I've been browsing through this quite a bit trying to find an answer, but haven't had much success. It sounds like others have had the problem as well so hopefully they'll chime in. 

Basic problem is this. I want to use a number of optional components, and still be able to export the correct XML file out to inventor. In a perfect world, I'd select check boxes for the correct set of options, then export it to Inventor where I have the options set up through representations or something. I've seen people using different location codes/etc to filter the BOMs, but we're not really using it for a BOM, we just need the export file which I haven't seen any filter options on. Any thoughts?

Now for background information: I like to give lots a background, so don't worry about reading it if you've got some good ideas! We're a panel shop and we're trying to automate the flow of wire harnesses for semi standard parts. We've got a machine that cuts/strips for control wiring, and since most of the panels and their configurations iare already in Inventor we want to have wiring diagrams to match. We're just now converting to ACADe, so we don't have tons of background yet. Our eventual goal is to be able to print out control wiring after making a diagram and a quick panel layout in Inventor. We use optional components/upgrade pieces often, but those obviously change the wire run list (and what gets exported to inventor). I've looked into dynamic blocks a bit, but I've seen them having some difficulties with Electrical. I've gotten data to import, but just on a static drawing with one or two options. The trouble comes in with say a VFD Bypass package where we've got say 10-20 different options each independent of the others. I'd really prefer not having a drawing in the vault for every single option, though obviously I'll have to have a harness for every single option (at least if control is different).

Anyway, thanks much for any ideas!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost