AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One- line: WDTYPE != 1-, downsides?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Dag_Henrik
293 Views, 0 Replies

One- line: WDTYPE != 1-, downsides?

My third Question of the day, and it's not even lunch over here 😛

I'm working on a project where I have mostly schematic drawings and one cabling layout (i.e. one- line).

I tie many, but not all, schematic components against one- line representations.

All my custom made one- line symbols have the WDTYPE attribute, with value of "1-"

Some of my components do not have a schematic representation, but can only be found in the one- line.

I then can't find those components in the BOM. (I use a Panel Report, Bill of Material with Full checked)

Later I've tried to remove the value of "1-" from the WDTYPE attribute, and now my one- line components not represented in the schematic shows.

In the same way, components referenced both in the schematics and in the one- line (One- line symbols with WDTYPE set to blank) are found in the BOM, and only one entry per component. (As I feared maybe the component would show up twice in the BOM with WDTYPE set to blank)

So it seems to work nice with the WDTYPE set to blank!?

Does anybody know of any negative sides to remove the “1-“ value from WDTYPE attribute in One- line symbols, that maybe going to come around the next corner and smack me right in the face so to speak?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost