AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Terminals

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
HATAADAMS
804 Views, 6 Replies

Offset Terminals

Is there a good way to insert an offset terminal blocks on the panel drawing?  I am currently building the terminal strip with one block and the swapping it out for another.  I have attached images of correctly spaced terminals that were manually swapped out.  There is also an image of hoe TSE placed the terminals.  Is there some type of offset that can be added to the block?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: HATAADAMS

It doesn't look like the files you tried to attach made it. Can you zip them up and try again? Also can you include the actual block that you want it to use but it is not spacing them appropriately? This is not my area of expertise but I will try and find out how TSE determines how much space is needed for each terminal. Without the images I am assuming that TSE is overlapping them or spacing them too far apart?

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
HATAADAMS
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Forgot to add the attachments. Yes they are being spaced too far apart. I have attached a PDF with both images. Page 1 shows the corrected terminal strip. Page 2 is how TSE inserts them. My current work around is to have the TSE insert the UKKB 5 footprint. I then swap in the UKKB 5 Offset footprint later.  If I don't do this the terminals will be spaced out.

Thanks

Adam

Message 4 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

I am trying to verify this since TSE is not my area of expertise but my guess is that TSE looks at the actual graphics on the symbol and uses the outer boundaries to determine where to place the next symbol. And since the terminals are not rectangles it is causing this spacing because with this shape it is like overlapping them but TSE will not do that.. I will check to see if there is a way around this.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
mpatterson

Has there been anything further on a solution to offset terminal blocks using TSE?

Message 6 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: mpatterson

I apologize for not confirming my suspicions. TSE uses the outer boundaries of the terminal making sure it doesn't overlap anything. So in the case of these non-rectangular terminals, TSE places them so the outer boundaries meet.

I do not know of any way around this placement.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
Saclark3
in reply to: mpatterson

Use a block that is the width of your terminal block plus the width of the offset. Then, use Update/Swap Block to change the "dummy" block into the real block. You could make two versions of your terminal block such as TB_001.dwg and TB_001_OFFSET.dwg for convenience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost