AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Problem - Loosing parts of my attribute values

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
drathak
294 Views, 5 Replies

Odd Problem - Loosing parts of my attribute values

Ok, that was kinda cryptic, but you only have so much room in the subject tline. 

Problem 1: Basically, our company has historically listed a relay's style below the device ID. (TAG)  That is usually the base portion of the part number, would look like this, quotes included;  "SEL-351S"

I can't seem to push the quotes into the DESC1 attribute from the catalog database.  The entry in the catalog has the quotes, but they get lost in the push over to the attribute.  If I type the DESC1 value in manually, or edit it to add the quotes they display fine.  No problems.  Any thoughts?

Problem 2:  We designate the tap on a multi-ratio CT (Current Transformer) by underlining that as shown in the following example;  3000/2000-5A.  Pretty standard in the power utility industry.

Again, if I type that in, the attribute displays fine.  But if I edit anything and it tries to update the related one line symbol, or vice versa, then the %%U codes for the underline get stripped off.  Any way to prevent/circumvent that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
algerj
in reply to: drathak

Hi Drathak,

I think I can help you out with the first issue. 

You can add the quotes by doubling the quotes.

So type DESC1 = ""MY DESC"" in the Textvalue Column, and that should fix that issue.

As for underlining... well I'm going to investigate it and see what I can find out.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 6
algerj

Hi Drathak,

I have a quick question for you.

Is the " 3000/2000 - 5A" stored in Rating or in a Description attribute? 

We might be able to use the Textvalue to force the Underlining *IF*  the taps are common.

i.e. if on the 3000 line you tap 2000 quite often, or all time then this is doable.

If it is a range of 3000 - 2000 it would cause you to have potentially a 1000 entries.

In any case, you would type something like:

DESC1 = "3000/ %%U2000%%U - 5A"

or

RATING1 = "3000/ %%U2000%%U - 5A"

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 4 of 6
drathak
in reply to: algerj

@algerj wrote:

Hi Drathak,

I think I can help you out with the first issue. 

You can add the quotes by doubling the quotes.

So type DESC1 = ""MY DESC"" in the Textvalue Column, and that should fix that issue.

That was on my list of things to try.  Just hadn't yet.  Thanks!!

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 5 of 6
drathak
in reply to: algerj

@algerj wrote:

Hi Drathak,

I have a quick question for you.

Is the " 3000/2000 - 5A" stored in Rating or in a Description attribute? 

We might be able to use the Textvalue to force the Underlining *IF*  the taps are common.

i.e. if on the 3000 line you tap 2000 quite often, or all time then this is doable.

If it is a range of 3000 - 2000 it would cause you to have potentially a 1000 entries.

In any case, you would type something like:

DESC1 = "3000/ %%U2000%%U - 5A"

or

RATING1 = "3000/ %%U2000%%U - 5A"

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

That information is in the Rating attribute.  And getting it in there isn't a problem, but keeping it when the program updates the symbol for any reason.  For example, I insert a one line symbol, and the underline is fine.  Then when I insert the corresponding schematic symbol and relate it to the one on the one line, if ACADE needs to update any information on the one line, the underlining gets lost.  Or if I make a change on the one line which forces an update, I loose the underlining on the schematic.

I may try adding quotes in the RATING1 field and see if that helps.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 6 of 6
drathak

Bumping this back up as I am still having issues with this.  Also ran into an issue where exporting to a spreadsheet and making changes and bringing them back stripped off all the right quotation marks AND the right %%U modifiers.

Trying CSV rather than XLS at the moment to see if that helps.

--------------
Joe Weaver

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost