AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object properties not showing up in properties panel

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bparksElmElec
284 Views, 1 Reply

Object properties not showing up in properties panel

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2012 to 2014 AutoCad Electrical and I am running into problems with my object properties. I usually dock/auto-hide the properties bar on the right side of my screen and when i select a single object and move my cursor over the properties bar it expands and I can edit all the properties of that object. Example: a control relay's loc,desc1,desc2 etc. Now I click on an object and the property panel doesn't recongnize anything on my drawing. But when I double click on the object I can adjust the descriptions and location etc in the Enhanced Attribute Editor. It is extrememly easier to tab through all these tags in the properties panel then it is to click each individual one in the Enhanced Attribute Editor. Can someone please help?!?

Thanks,

Brandon

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: bparksElmElec

How did you upgrade? Was it a fresh install and manual setup of all your setting or did you install and then use the migration utility?

The Migration utility should have copied all your settings from 2012 to 2014, including any additions you have made to your catalog and pinlist database's.

Check your ACADE options, especially the Right Click Settings in the User Preferences and everything in the Selection tab.

Compare your 2014 to your 2012 settings if possible.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost