AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes in tileblock

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
299 Views, 6 Replies

Notes in tileblock

I have several notes in the notes section of my titleblock that I use 99% of the time. Is there any way to have them in a defaults file, such as is in the component database?
It would be much easier than typing them in every time.

Thanks
Chad
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a couple of solutions to your problem.
- You can make a template of your title block that already has the text in it. You could erase the text when it is not needed.
- you can save the note as a text file and import it using AutoCAD's text editor.
- You could also create a block containing the note text and insert it when needed.
Let me know if this helps, or if you have any other questions.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, but while the options you suggested will work fine for plain AutoCAD, they wont work for electrical.
In electrical the border is a template that is has attributes that are filled in via a text file.
You cannot delete anything in the border without exploding it which will return all border text to its original attribute values.
The attributes allow to border information to be automatically filled in and updated for all sheet for the job at one time.

Chad
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

"fdna49" wrote in message news:17479675.1079558142523.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have several notes in the notes section of my titleblock that I use 99% of the time. Is there any way to have them in a defaults file, such as is in the component database? > It would be much easier than typing them in every time. > > Thanks > Chad
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Chad, This may or may not relate to your question, please ignore it if it does not... You can set up your default.wdt or .wdt title block mapping file with non-AcadE attributes and fixed values. When you run an AcadE title block update, these fixed values found in the active ".wdt" file will then map to your title block and update the attributes. For example, let's say your title block is set up with four "notes" attributes, NOTE01 through NOTE04. In your default.wdt or .wdt file you might include these four lines: NOTE01 = "Caution: electricity is our friend," NOTE02 = "but we must treat our friend with respect." NOTE03 = "Remove power from all circuitry" NOTE04 = "before attempting control component replacement." When you run the AcadE title block update, these four lines of text should map to your title block. If you need more flexibility than this fixed text method can offer, set up each attribute reference in the ".wdt" file to invoke a small AutoLisp utility. For example, let's say that you have an attribute "LASTWNUM" in your title block that is to carry the last used wire number found on the drawing. You first write a little AutoLisp utility that does this and returns the last wire number value found on the active drawing. Then you set up your ".wdt" file to include a line something like this: LASTWNUM = (c:find_last_used_wirenum) Now, when you run the title block update and AcadE gets to this line in the ".wdt" file, it will try to execute this AutoLisp expression. The expression returns either "" or the last wire number found and this value gets mapped to the LASTWNUM attribute. Nate. "fdna49" wrote in message news:17479675.1079558142523.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have several notes in the notes section of my titleblock that I use 99% of the time. Is there any way to have them in a defaults file, such as is in the component database? > It would be much easier than typing them in every time. > > Thanks > Chad
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Nate,
Thanks for the help, It is exactly what I needed.
I guess I need to change my title block attributes, since changing the lines in the default.wdt file didn't change the drawings.
The last wire number thing is something I wanted to do since we bought the software 2 years ago. I asked if it could be done and was told it couldn't.
Do you have an LISP you could send me to do that, I know nothing about writing those programs.

Thanks Again
Chad
Message 7 of 7
Erico Engineering

Nate,
I would like to see that utility also if that not to much trouble.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost