AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFPA naming convention for device tags

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
634 Views, 1 Reply

NFPA naming convention for device tags

I have an extensive JIC1 library that I do not want to lose. What I am looking for is the Family code and/or TAG conventions that changed when going from JIC1 to NFPA. Is there a cross-reference list between the two? For example MOT to MTR. I am having a hard time finding any documentation on the changes from JIC1 to NFPA. It's frustrating to say the least. Smiley Mad Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no crossreference.  The NFPA library was created from NFPA-79.  The class designation letters come from the table in Annex-E of NFPA-79. The graphical portion of the symbols are the same as the JIC125 symbols, since both standards reference ANSI Y32.2 for the appearance of the symbols. If you prefer to use the JIC library instead of NFPA, but still prefer NFPA class designations, you can employ the wd_fam.dat method.  I explain this on the Tips and Tricks page at www.ecadconsultant.com under the section entitled, "Understanding some of the various support files used by AutoCAD® Electrical".

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost