AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWBIE: Of Wires, Components and Symbols

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
226 Views, 0 Replies

NEWBIE: Of Wires, Components and Symbols

I am new to ACADE, have gone through several training excercises, JIC essentials, geting started, etc. Unfortunately, I have a project with a tight deadline, so I am hoping to get some help to get up to speed quickly.

1. I have the basic component and symbol library that was included in the ACADE set. Where is a good place to get additional symbols? I am considering the ISA schematic set, but it is $995

2. I am making a P&ID, showing a vessel and several nozzels. The default nozzels in ACADE face to the right --| | . I want to have one face to the left | |-- . I did not see a way to do this easily. I tried flip component, but get an error message that there are too many wire connections for that, so I tried rotating and mirror for the component. When I do that, the wire connection point stays on the right side, so if I try to connect a wire (pipe) to the nozzle, it puts in a couple bends and attatches itself to the right side. I tried the block editor, but I have yet to figure out how to specify which way I want the wire to go when I connect one.

Any help is greatly appreiciated.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report