AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Electrical problems with templates, size, and settings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pgigalo
812 Views, 5 Replies

New to Electrical problems with templates, size, and settings

I'm having problems in my project using default templates were I can get icons for components to show up correctly by

using 10 as a multiplier when inserting them.  But wire numbers will appear extremely large and the loop around the

wire is extremely small.  Can someone point me in the right direction.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: pgigalo

Sounds like you may be pointing to the wrong symbol library.

If you are using the IEC standard, be aware that there are 2 libraries of symbols. they are exactly the same apart from the scale of the symbols.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 6
pgigalo
in reply to: Icemanau

Which is best to use it does look like I was using JIC on an IEC template

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

Point your project to the IEC2 library to start with, then if the blocks are the wrong size, try the IEC4 library.

The two libraries are designed for different size paper when printing.

I myself use the AS2 library with A3 paper and the IEC standard but that is because I'm located in Australia, and there are a few differences between the IEC symbols and the AS symbols.

Regards Brad

Message 5 of 6
prithvijitroy

Hi,

I'm new to this site as well, I was following this thread and would like to know how I can get teh AS2 Library.
I have just got the Autocad Electrical 2012 and it has only come with the JIC and a few others such as the pneumatic and hydraulic libraries.

I don't mind creating or modifying the symbols but would like to know if I can get the AS2 library anyway.

Regards,

Prith

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: prithvijitroy

The AS2 library came with earlier versions of ACADE. If it is included in the version you have, you will need to add it to the install.

Put the disc into the drive and run the setup. Look for the configure button and click on that to be able to select extra libraries as well as the Express tools.

This will then add those to your installed program.

Regards Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost