AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PLC 1792D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
195 Views, 3 Replies

New PLC 1792D

Hello all

Now I have a normal autoCAD block for this module.. I have to create autoCAD electrical intelligent module.. Please find the attachement and Plz Help me how to create this Intelligent PLC module?

I am using this in some 15 sheets and confused with the different blocks required to create parametric PLC creation.

Which block I have to modify in order to change the outline (rectangle) as shown?
I am using ACDE2006

Pl help me out..
Thanks a heap in advance

sathy
Thanks a Lot In Advance
Sathya
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
franklk
in reply to: Anonymous

Wow, umm well I think you need more help than I can offer right now. I will say this though. I think you need to take a look at the PLC Database file editor.

You must start by creating a new PLC module and work from there.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

hi kevin..

I tried to use PLC database editor but.. how to assign the outermost rectangle.. I need double lined rectangle instead of normal box..

satya.nk@control-infotech.com

plz visit us at www.engineering.link.com or www.control-infotech.com for our services

sathya
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander

The folks at Autodesk cannot possibly predict the appearance that we all prefer for our symbols. Sometimes we need to conform to their standard. After all, that is the problem with our world now - too many electrical drawing standards. I hope that a program like AutoCAD Electrical will bring about some commonality so we ca all understand one another's drawings without having to take a course every time we change jobs. It is bad enough that we have JIC and IEC to get accustomed to.

Now, that being said, you can edit the blocks that are used to create a parametric PLC module if you want a different appearance. In fact, you can create a 6th group if you prefer not to change the built-in blocks. That is my suggestion so that future upgrades don't overwrite your changed blocks. There are 40 different blocks in the libraries used to create parametric PLC module symbols in each style you choose. There are currently 5 styles to choose from so there is a total of 200 blocks already shipping with the program. These block names begin with either HP1, HP2, HP3, HP4, or HP5. You can copy all 40 from HP5 etc. and rename them HP6 etc. Make your changes to the look of the blocks. When you insert a PLC and select style 6 you will get your version. You will need to create the bitmaps for each of the 40 blocks if you want to see them in the PLC Database File Editor. These bitmaps should reside in the PLC folder, one level above the Proj folder.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost