AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new drawing data from excel - project wide

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ericmm85
298 Views, 6 Replies

new drawing data from excel - project wide

There is a command or routine to autofill the data in the "new drawing dialog box" for more than one drawing? Maybe from an excel sheet. It would be very useful.

Thx,

Eric
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cawaugh
in reply to: ericmm85

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the "Project Description (for report headers and title block update)" dialog? Acade has several opportunities for you to populate dwg's with info. What exactly are you trying to do and what is the name on the top of the dialog (similar to above) that you are seeing or wanting to populate?
Message 3 of 7
ericmm85

The dialog box name is "Create new Drawing", its open when you do right click on project name in project manager, and click on "new drawing ..." I want to automatically generate the new drawings for my project without filling manually the filename, template, descriptions, sheet number, section and drawing name. it could be useful to get the data from an excel document. it is like when you generate an index from your project drawings, but inversed, from index to new drawings.

It is possible?
Message 4 of 7
cawaugh

AS far as I know or have been able to discern, no. We have a program that we wrote that basically does the same thing. We have a template of the needed info, then ask the user how many dwgs they want, then it copies the template that many times, add the new dwg number and sheet number to each, updates the titleblock then gets out. After they are added to the project, we use the "Descriptions" then "Titleblock update" to make any more "Global" changes.
Sorry about that. Maybe it can be on the wish list for '10 or '11.
Message 5 of 7
ericmm85

Oh, what do you use to program it ? Could I see your code? your program looks very useful. In my case, I number the drawings in a no linear way and alphanumerically, I use differents letters and number to designate differents kinds of drawings. And I name de file using the drawing name, the section and the sheet number. In descriptions I type the description of the diagram, the cabinet, and the location.

thx, for your help.
Message 6 of 7
cawaugh

I use the lisp programming language and you can use notepad to do the editing or type in vlisp at the command line and get the "Visual lisp editor for AutoCAD". I'm not able to share the code but there are many sites dedicated to lispthat may be able to help. I also think that you can check the help file on the wdt file that can get you going on automatically updating the attributes on your title block once you set the project properties. Good luck.
Message 7 of 7
JeffatSJE

Tedious work starting up new projects with many drawings and repeatedly updating the title block in each one, one at a time. TG for Excel and macros see attached. use at your own risk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost