AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AutoCAD Electrical blog

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
PatMurnen_Adsk
9232 Views, 48 Replies

New AutoCAD Electrical blog

There is a new Autodesk blog which will focus on AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD ecscad. I am going to be a regular contributor on AutoCAD Electrical topics and so will Jared Bunch who has also been with AutoCAD Electrical for many years.

Check it out at http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/

Also, if you have any suggestions for future topics add a comment to any of my blog articles that are already posted.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
leeholl
in reply to: todd.hall

Hi Todd,

I'd like the opportunity to chat wth you about the problems you are experiencing. I will send you a separate message and see if we can connect.

Regards,

Lee

Message 42 of 49
PLM3003
in reply to: paulapowercad

Hi Todd,

for the panel wiring, do you need to use wire ducts? I tried it, but it needs a lot of efforts,too much.

Karl

Message 43 of 49

Hello Pat,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay getting back to you I was on holiday last week.

At present what I am doing is running a 'TAG BOM' with the fields: TAG, QTY, CATALOG, MFG, DESC, QUERY2, MISC1, MISC2, USER1, USER2, USER3. Then a 'Cable From/To' with the fields: LOC1, CMP1, PD1, PIN1, CBL, CMP2, PD2, PIN2, WIRE COL, WIRE NO. I then copy and paste the data from these into separate sheets of a macro enabled spread sheet, where I have written a VB routine that when run, finds the first cable in the connection list, then searches the BOM sheet for that cable, then copies all the data for the cable into a third sheet. It then checks the PD1 & PD2 fields in the connection list to see if they are a 'P' or a 'J', if they are then searches for the tags of these connectors in the BOM sheet and copies and pastes the data for the connectors into the third sheet immediately below the cable data. It then adds a row as a delimiter and continues with the next cable, and so on until the end of the connection list is reached.

Regards,

David Barrow
Electrical Design Engineer
Marine Current Turbines Ltd
Bristol and Bath Science Park
1st floor, Grow on Centre
Dirac Crescent
Emersons Green
Bristol
BS16 7FR
Mobile: +44(0)741 3617646
Direct Dial: +44(0)117 957 7623
Telephone: +44(0)117 957 7600
Fax: +44(0)117 957 7699
mailto:david.barrow.ext@siemens.com
www.marineturbines.com
[cid:image001.png@01CE4DA2.621A6220]
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately. You should not forward or copy this e-mail or use it for any other purpose or disclose its content to any other party. Please delete it from your computer systems. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard emails, MCT Ltd cannot guarantee that attachments are secure, error free or free from viruses. MCT Ltd does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may be caused as a result of the transmission of this message.
Marine Current Turbines Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02395158.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 8QD
Message 44 of 49

David,

Can you send me a small sample project, drawings, and a copy of the report (after it is all doctored up)? I think this would help me see if it can be accomplished with a user post. You can send it to me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 45 of 49
jmartinez
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi,

My administrator just installed the ACAD Electrical 2014 in my laptop.

I had the Project Design Suit Premium installed by mistake. When i installed the suite, i used the acadE and the libraries seemed to have much more.

For example, yesterday i was testing the software and creating a project and the panel icon menu had enclosures.

Now, my stand alone ACADE 2014 package, does not have the enclosures icon.

Can you please help?

Thanks,
Jorge.

Message 46 of 49
s.wile
in reply to: jmartinez

Are you sure you're looking at the Panel Icon Menu and not the Schematic Icon Menu? Enclosures are panel components pulled from the icon menu off of the Panel tab. 

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 47 of 49
jmartinez
in reply to: s.wile

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at the panel icon menu and it does not have enclosures in it.

I am trying to select another menu such as "ace_jic_menu.dat", which has the enclosure icon; but i can't seem to get it right.

I go tho the ICON MENU WIZARD and select the panel menu "ace_jic_menu.dat" then cklick ok and it open the icon menu. Then I say ok to the Wizard dialog box.

But then when i click on the ICON MENU button in the "Insert Components Footprints" tab in the toolbar, it opens a different icon menu.

Could you please help me with changing to a specific menu?

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jorge.

Message 48 of 49

Jorge, only the panel menu file would include enclosures. You are referring to schematic menus. But like I said before, you have to select the enclosure manufacturers from the vendor list during installation or none will be available in the catalog database or the footprint library.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 49 of 49
s.wile
in reply to: jmartinez

Check the Project Properties\Project Settings\Panel Icon Menu path. Maybe it is looking at an old path.

Project Properties.png

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost