AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Pinlist

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dmray
354 Views, 6 Replies

Network Pinlist

Hey there fellow AutoCADers.  I am not using a network install of Electrical, but I have located the default_cat.mdb in a network folder.  My problem?  PINLISTS.  It points to the original install location (work station).  Is there a way, besides reinstalling the software to a network install, that I can force the PINLIST file to look in another location for catalog information?

IN summary:  Default_cat.mdb moved to network folder.  PINLIST database refers to default_cat located locally.  Iw ant to have it read the network one.

Thanks

Doug

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: dmray

Go to www.ecadconsultant.com and click on the Tips/Tricks page.  Look in the index for a topic called Sharing AutoCAD® Electrical across a network.  What you are trying to do is exactly how I work.  I have a local installation but networked data.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7
dmray
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thats how i have it setup now, but the PINLISTs still referance the catalog on the local drive.  I worked around it by copying the network MDB to the local, but thats not very effieicnt....

Thanks

Doug

Message 4 of 7
dougmcalexander

Did you rename the local AeData folder like my directions explained?  Did you add the new location for AeData to the top of the Support File Search Path under AutoCAD options?  I'm operating that way now with my laptop.  When I travel I rename my local AeData from AeData_ to AeData so it functions again.  When I get back to the office, I rename the local AeData to AeData_ so the software is forced to use the path listed in AutoCAD options.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 7
dmray

I access the default_cat from the network drive for all my cataloged parts.  (I verified by adding dummy parts ot make sure it works).  I even modified the wd.env file to point to that folder, as that was causing a different issue (I had a different thread on here, which you helped me resolve).  The wd.env file points to the network folder where the default_cat.mdb resides, but the pinlist points to the original/local default_cat.mdb.

Names haven't been changed.  Didnt see the need for that, and the file path IS the top one...

Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

If you follow my directions exactly it will work, and everyone will share the same wd.env file.  There is actually no need to modify the wd.env file if you use my method. 

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 7
CAD-ICE

Hi there,

I know this an old thread but I´m having issues with the pinlist data not being updated when I look up in the secondary database (see attached png)

Anyone else having these issues ? (ACADE2016 64 bit machine)

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost