AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My .WDP Files are not "ACE Project Definitions" any more

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Matt116
623 Views, 4 Replies

My .WDP Files are not "ACE Project Definitions" any more

Win7 pro 64bit SP1

ACADE 2015

All I did was open a picture with windows live photo gallery and now all my autocad electrical .WDP .WDT and .WDL are listed as "HD Photo"

I understand that these are just TXT files so I changed them to open with notepad and everything works as long as I open projects through autocad. I cannot just simply click the .WDP file and open the project like I could before.  It would be nice to have everything back the way it was with the correct file icon and the ablity to open the project from clicking the .WDP file.

I did try this but its not working for me (see last post on page 2) http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/wdp-files-are-not-AC/td-p/1916837/highlight...

Any body have any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sonny3g
in reply to: Matt116

Looks like a Windows issue.  In Windows 7 you would look for Programs/Default Programs/Associate a file type or protocol with a program in the menu, scroll down to the files you are having problems with, select them and then select the Change program... button to reassign the association.  Other Windows operating systems should be similar.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 5
Matt116
in reply to: sonny3g

Sounds good but what do I change the default program to? Changing it to ACAD does not work either I just get a "can't find the drawing error"

Message 4 of 5
Matt116

Ok got it fixed.

First I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials which includes move maker and live photo gallery > ran a regestry clean to remove any referances to those programs > reboot the computer > ran repair for ACADE 2015 > Used windows "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program" found the .WDP .WDT and .WDL Extensions.  For each one I changed the program to AutoCAD DWG Launcher then changed it back to Notepad. Now all my file icons are correct.

Message 5 of 5
johnreyavena

Hi Matt

How did you get those icons back?
Mine was showing notepad i don't know where to locate defailt icons for project files .wdt .wdp .wda .inst etc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost