AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple standards in Autocad 2013 Electrical

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
prithvijitroy
544 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple standards in Autocad 2013 Electrical

Hi,

I have a number of symbols that I have created that I would like to use with in conjucntion with AS symbols. I have used the symbol creator to create them and have created a library for those symbols with their own MENU.DAT file.

My question is if there's a way to use the two libraries at the same time? when I want to insert an icon using he ICON button, I want to be able to select from AS symbols as well as my own symbols.

I am able to add a submenu onto the AS library folder but I want to avoid doing that if possible.

Regards,

Prith

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You can accomplish this in a way.  The software will use only one menu at a time, but you can select multiple libraries for the project.  When selecting a symbol, the software looks in the first library in the list for that block name.  If not found, it then searches the next library in the list.  Be sure that your custom symbols library is first in the list.  Any of your symbols that have the same file name as symbols in the stock libraries would be selected first.  For example, if you have a symbol named VCR1 in your custom library and you have the IEC4 library listed second in your library list, the software would insert your version of the relay coil instead of the one from IEC4.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost