AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sheet drawings within a Project with Source/Destination

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
406 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple sheet drawings within a Project with Source/Destination

Hi, I am desperately seeking wisdom and answers for the following two questions on AutoCAD Elect 2010......

I have tried to be as detailed yet brief,

1: Is it at all possible to have a project as per the example and description detailed below?

i.e. DEMO PROJECT
Drawing 200 a-d sheet 1
Drawing 200 a-d sheet 2
Drawing 200 a-d sheet 3
Drawing 200 a-d sheet 4
Drawing 2200 e-f sheet 1
Drawing 2200 e-f sheet 2
Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 1
Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 2
Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 3
Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 4
Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 5
Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 6

I need to create a project that has up to 12 individual drawing sets with unique drawing numbers, where each individual drawing set may contain anything from 1 to 20 sheets, and i will need to cross reference these sheets using source and destination arrows as components on Drawing 200 a-d sheet 1 are connected to components on Drawing 22200 g-l sheet 5, i have noticed that you can create new drawings with different drawing numbers within a project in ACE my problem is the sheet numbering (it goes up incrementally where i need to stop and restart the numbering sequence with every new drawing set.)

This brings me to my next question...

if the above is not possible then, if i were to create multiple projects for each of the drawing sets (this would solve the sheet numbering issue) does the source and destination function still work on a project to project basis or only drawing to drawing within a project?

Any Help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regards

Simon
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You need something like the Super Project Manager. See www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html for more info. Basically you create other projects, one for each document number. You also have a main project that consists of all the pages from all the "sub-projects". Use the main project for design and the individual projects for title block updates and page numbering. The Super Project Manager is a utility that makes the subdivision of the main project into drawing sets an easy operation.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost