AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple manufacturers part numbers against a single schematic component

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
STEVENAR
351 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple manufacturers part numbers against a single schematic component

Hi,

I am currently entering manufacturers data against components on my drawings and was wondering if it is possible to enter multiple part numbers against a single component as it is supplied as an assembly and multiple part numbers need to be shown aginst a single component on the BOM.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kghew1
in reply to: STEVENAR

Have you tried using the supplementary MFG01 - MFG10 / CAT01 - CAT10 / ASSYCODE01 - ASSYCODE10 attributes - if your symbol(s) include them ? Or if they don't, are you able to modify the symbol(s) to include these ?

Keith H

Message 3 of 3
johnq
in reply to: kghew1

G'Day

The method I use is to use the Multiple catalogue in the edit companant box to achieve this need.

EG  the sprecher+schuh  push buttons can have a variety of added parts   the basic button  contact   lock mech.

I use the first contact as the parent part number and the othere parts from the multiple cat feature.  ACE will let you have many parts and you will not need to add attributes later for unforseen needs.   this is not to disscredit the concept from the previous forum member.

This also works well when a CB can have various trip coils, motors or auxillary contacts.

Another program I used needed tohave a block for each combination of parts.   Not a good idea.

Hope this give you somethis extral to think about.

Cheers  john Quigley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost