AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple level terminal numbering

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Scott_CHI
325 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple level terminal numbering

Not sure if this is even possible but I would like to number my multiple level terminals the same then have an A, B, and C for the individual levels. So terminal 1 would be 1A, 1B, and 1C then go on to terminal 2A, 2B, 2C and so on. I have looked through all the tutorials and disscussions but cant find a way to accomplish this and have the system update correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Scott_CHI

When inserting the terminal in the schematic, instead of just placing a number in dialog box, place your 1A, 1B and 1C.

As long as you don't duplicate a terminal's number, you won't have a problem.

Then after all your terminals are inserted, associate the terminals to give the Multi Level connection.

Make sure you can actually get the physical terminal numbers ( that go on the terminal in the actual board) that match your numbering scheme.

Regards Brad.

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Scott_CHI
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad

Thanks for the quick reply I have tried this and the problem is if I need to make modifications it wont renumber correctly as it normally would with standard sequential terminal numbers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost