AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTIPLE CATALOG

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
607 Views, 2 Replies

MULTIPLE CATALOG

I'm having trouble getting the QTY and TAG of my entries added to the Multiple Catalog to show in the Bill of Materials.

This image shows the information I've entered, first selecting the fuse under the catalog lookup, then adding the fuse holder using Multiple Catalog:

1.png

When I generate the Bill of Materials, both parts show up, but the QTY and TAG only display next to the fuse part number, and the fuse holder's values are blank:

2.png

Am I doing something wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

Add the SUB field to your report and then the qauntities for all the items will show up.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

It all depends on the TYPE of BOM report you are running.

For example, your screenshot shows what I believe to be the Normal Tallied Format.

The report format I use is the Tallied Purchase List format and just lists the QTY, Catalog, MFG and Description. I removed the TAG listing from the format for ease of use and clarity for the individuals that actually do the ordering.

If a component is listed in the schematic (or Panel) dwg it is listed and in what quantities automatically.

The Normal Tallied Format however groups sub components together with their parent component and requires the SUB catagory to be added to the report for it to show any sort of quantity.

To add this column to your report, run the report and then click on the Change Report Format button.

From here, you can add or remove the various data fields and even change the order in which they display in the report.

When you have the report set up to your requirements, click the OK+Save AS button and save the format.

If it's the first time you have modifed the format, use the default name and ACADE will use that format the next time you do the same type of report.

Otherwise, give it a unique name that you can select by clicking on the Format button back where you selct the report type.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost