AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

riquemartinez
Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

Multiple attribute definition editing

193 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2004 12:29 PM
Hello,
Is there a way to change the definition for multiple attributes at one time.

For Ex: I am trying to change the tag definition for several attributes and up to now I only know of editing one by one.

the attribute tag definitions are something like :

TERM40 WANT TO CHANGE TO ----> TERM51
TERM41-----------------------------------> TERM52
TERM42-----------------------------------> TERM53
TERM43------------- ETC.
TERM44

Do you have a better way of doing this?
I have hundreds of these to change

Thanks
Jorge Martinez
*Abhishek Singhal
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: Multiple attribute definition editing

01-16-2004 09:30 PM in reply to: riquemartinez
I see you have to add 11 on to the TERM no. Are these attributes on a single file ... or do you have several such files ? In any case, I think a small custom VBA/Lisp routine can be made to do the task ... Regards Abhishek "riquemartinez" wrote in message news:7879526.1074285021140.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Hello, > Is there a way to change the definition for multiple attributes at one time. > > For Ex: I am trying to change the tag definition for several attributes and up to now I only know of editing one by one. > > the attribute tag definitions are something like : > > TERM40 WANT TO CHANGE TO ----> TERM51 > TERM41-----------------------------------> TERM52 > TERM42-----------------------------------> TERM53 > TERM43------------- ETC. > TERM44 > > Do you have a better way of doing this? > I have hundreds of these to change > > Thanks > Jorge Martinez
riquemartinez
Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: Multiple attribute definition editing

01-19-2004 05:31 AM in reply to: riquemartinez
Hi Abhishek,
No. Not necessarily 11. It could be any value.
These are the values (Attributes) created when using the ACAD Electrical. When you create a panel footprint with terminals it creates these attruibutes.

In my case the blocks can be rather large with losts of terminals (100+) and it becomes quite lentghy to change attribute definition by hand when copying from another block and so forth.

All attributes are in the same drawing file, If I understood you correctly.

I have attached a sample in case you will need.
\
Thank you
Jorge Martinez
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.