AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTI. BOM'S

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
alritter
516 Views, 7 Replies

MULTI. BOM'S

IN 2004 ELEC:
I COULD SPLIT THE BOM ON TO TWO DWG'S

IN 2005 ELEC.
I PLACE A BOM FOR PART OF THE PROJECT ON A DWG. AND THEN WHEN I GO TO THE SECOND DWG TO PLACE THE REST OF THE BOM ON IT , I JUMP BACK TO THE FIRST BOM AND CHANGE THAT ONE. WHY?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: alritter

In 2005 Elec, the reports that are placed on the drawings are considered 'Report Tables'. If you create a BOM report using the 'Project' option then create another BOM report again using the 'Project' option, it will see that you have already placed a project 'Report Table' and update that existing table. Here are 2 ways to get a report split into multiple sections. 1) You can create a unique 'Report Format Settings' file for each portion of the report. You cna create these using the 'Report Format File Setup' option. The 2 formats can be the same just have different file names. You could save 2 settings files, called Part1.set and Part2.set, then use these when you create your report by selecting the 'Format' button on your 'Schematic Reports' dialog. 2) The new 'Report Tables' in Acade 2005 also allow you to create a BOM (or any report) for the complete project and specify the number of rows for each section, this will automatically split the report into multiple sections, each with the specified number of rows. Not sure if this option will get you what you want if you need more control over were the report breaks into sections. If nether of these options work for your needs, please give me a little more information about exactly how you split up your reports onto 2 drawing and I will see what I can come up with. If you split them at just some random place to get them to fit on the drawings, option 2 above should work, if there is more to it then that, like maybe you have a BOM for the motor controls and another BOM for the rest of the report, let me know and I will see what I can do. Steve "alritter" wrote in message news:11307272.1093379225917.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > IN 2004 ELEC: > I COULD SPLIT THE BOM ON TO TWO DWG'S > > IN 2005 ELEC. > I PLACE A BOM FOR PART OF THE PROJECT ON A DWG. AND THEN WHEN I GO TO THE SECOND DWG TO PLACE THE REST OF THE BOM ON IT , I JUMP BACK TO THE FIRST BOM AND CHANGE THAT ONE. WHY?
Message 3 of 8
MartinLee

Steve,

We list our BOM in single entry "by tag" format. I have a project that will have 12 sheets (over 1500 lines) of BOM, two columns per sheet. Does this mean that I will have to have 24 .SET files? Gimme back the old way!

There are a couple of other issues that I reported during the beta that have not been resolved. For now, I am using ACE2004 for all of my reports.

Martin
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Martin, No, the description I gave in my original post about the .SET file was only if you need to break the BOM up into sections by drawing types or by some other variable Acade does not support. Maybe you do a BOM for only Motor Control part (might be drawing 1-7 in a project) and then you do another BOM for drawing 8-12. It would see both of these as a Project BOM, and would update them unless a .SET file is used so that each is seen as a unique project report. You could also use break up a BOM across prints by a Location or Installation value. What you describe below should work with no problems. As an example, I created a BOM for my complete project (By Tag format), I select the 'Put on Drawing' option. On the 'Table Generation Setup' dialog I selected a 'First New Section Placement' point on the left side of my drawing and knowing that 40 rows would fix on my drawing with my selected Text Height, I set the 'Rows' option to 40. I also set the 'Sections On Drawing' to 2, and the 'X-Distance' to 3. This will give me a maximum of 40 rows in each BOM, 2 BOM sections per drawing, and 3 units (inches in my case) between each BOM section on the same drawing. Then once I selected OK created 4 drawings (number needed to accommodate my complete BOM with my settings) only asking me for the name of each drawing. I didn't have to select any insertion points for these BOM section. I hope this helps. If this does not work for your needs, if you could get me more details on how you like to break up your BOM across prints, I will see what I can do. Steve "MartinLee" wrote in message news:19806220.1093547584115.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Steve, > > We list our BOM in single entry "by tag" format. I have a project that will have 12 sheets (over 1500 lines) of BOM, two columns per sheet. Does this mean that I will have to have 24 .SET files? Gimme back the old way! > > There are a couple of other issues that I reported during the beta that have not been resolved. For now, I am using ACE2004 for all of my reports. > > Martin
Message 5 of 8
alritter

FOR ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS THEY WANT TWO BOM'S,ONE CONTAINING ALL ELEC. HARDWARE AND PANEL COMPONENTS AND ONE OF ALL PNEUMATIC MATERIALS.
THE ONLY WAY NOW WITH 2005ELEC IS:
USE PANEL REPORTS
BOM
PROJECTS
SELECT FULL-VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE**
SELECT THE DWG'S TO BE SCANNED
SELECT PUT IN DWG
SELECT # OF LINE PER COLUMN
AFTER IT IS IN THE DWG CUT AND PASTE THE COLUMNS TO OTHER DWG'S

FOR THE PNEUMATICS NOW;
USE SCHEMATIC REPORT
BOM - PROJECT
SELECT THE PNEU. DWG'S
PUT IN DWG

IN 2004ELEC IT WOULD HANDLE THE SLIT FEATURE TO DIFFERENT DWG'S

ALSO WE HAVE TO PUT TWO INDEX DWG'S ONE FOR SCHEMATICS AND ONE FOR THE PNEUMATIC, THE DRAWING LIST REPORT HAS THE SAME FEATURE OF NOT LIKING TWO DWG'S SO I HAVE COPY AND CUT AND PASTE THEN EDIT TO GET THE LOOK MY CUSTOMER DEMAND VERY BACK DOOR METHOD AND NOT A GOOD USE OF MY TIME$$$
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

In AutoCAD Electrical 2005, a report table will be updated (rather than inserted as new) if 3 things match. The first is the report type, say Schematic BOM. The second is the scope of the report, i.e. Project or Current Drawing. The third is the .SET file used (or if none specified). If these 3 things match then the report table will be updated rather than creating a new report table. So to get 2 report tables of the same project-wide reports (meaning the first 2 items match) the .set file would have to be different for each report. So for your drawing list report you would want to set up a .SET file for each one. Then when you run the report make sure you select one of the .SET files. Then rerun the exact same report but pick the other .SET file. It should allow you to place a new report table down. Also, to split a report table across multiple drawings, once you determine where the split should be, i.e. after a certain number of rows or by using one of the Special Breaks, make sure you enter how many table sections you want to allow per drawing. Once the number of table sections is reached you should see a dialog asking where to place the next section, i.e. a new drawing, a drawing within the project, etc. If you are using the number of rows and you picked a number that didn't turn out the way you wanted, when you get back to the report dialog just select Put on Drawing again and change the number. It will redo the table sections allowing you to add more if necessary or remove any extra table sections. One other item to note - if you do not want AcadE to ever update a particular table you can use the Xdata Editor tool (on Project -> Extras menu) and remove the xdata ACE_TABLE_TYPE. AcadE will not "see" this table as belonging to a particular report and it will never match the 3 items listed above. If this isn't helpful if you let me know a little more on how you did this in 2004 I might be able to provide more information. Pat Murnen (Autodesk) "alritter" wrote in message news:8179332.1093550759353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > FOR ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS THEY WANT TWO BOM'S,ONE CONTAINING ALL ELEC. HARDWARE AND PANEL COMPONENTS AND ONE OF ALL PNEUMATIC MATERIALS. > THE ONLY WAY NOW WITH 2005ELEC IS: > USE PANEL REPORTS > BOM > PROJECTS > SELECT FULL-VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE** > SELECT THE DWG'S TO BE SCANNED > SELECT PUT IN DWG > SELECT # OF LINE PER COLUMN > AFTER IT IS IN THE DWG CUT AND PASTE THE COLUMNS TO OTHER DWG'S > > FOR THE PNEUMATICS NOW; > USE SCHEMATIC REPORT > BOM - PROJECT > SELECT THE PNEU. DWG'S > PUT IN DWG > > IN 2004ELEC IT WOULD HANDLE THE SLIT FEATURE TO DIFFERENT DWG'S > > ALSO WE HAVE TO PUT TWO INDEX DWG'S ONE FOR SCHEMATICS AND ONE FOR THE PNEUMATIC, THE DRAWING LIST REPORT HAS THE SAME FEATURE OF NOT LIKING TWO DWG'S SO I HAVE COPY AND CUT AND PASTE THEN EDIT TO GET THE LOOK MY CUSTOMER DEMAND VERY BACK DOOR METHOD AND NOT A GOOD USE OF MY TIME$$$
Message 7 of 8
MartinLee

Thanks, Steve.

I will give this a try, but it might be a bit of a challenge to create 12 sheets!. But one issue with the BOM report is that I use 1/8" text and 1/4" line spacing. When I put these values in, the text is OK, but the line spacing is slightly more than 1/4". And the column widths don't seem to be quite right, either.

I am also attempting to contact my dealer to arrange training for reports in general, the new parametric build, and the terminal block builder/editor, all of which I have yet to figure out.

Martin
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

All, Pat mentioned manually deleting the xdata flag (see below). Here is a small snippet of AutoLisp code that will automate this. Save to a ".lsp" extension file, APPLOAD it and type SMART2DUMB at your command line prompt. (defun c:smart2dumb ( / ss en cnt ix slen) ; Flip AcadE "smart" table insert to a dumb table insert (will not auto-update if report ; is later rerun) (setq ss (ssget "_X" '((0 . "ACAD_TABLE")))) (setq cnt 0) (if (/= ss nil) (progn (setq slen (sslength ss)) (setq ix 0) (while (< ix slen) (if (c:wd_del_1000_xdata (ssname ss ix) "ACE_TABLE_TYPE") (setq cnt (1+ cnt))) (setq ix (1+ ix)) ) (setq ss nil) (princ "\n") (princ cnt) (princ "\n") ) ) (princ) ) "Pat Murnen" wrote in message news:412e6e60$1_1@newsprd01... > In AutoCAD Electrical 2005, a report table will be updated (rather than > inserted as new) if 3 things match. The first is the report type, say > Schematic BOM. The second is the scope of the report, i.e. Project or > Current Drawing. The third is the .SET file used (or if none specified). If > these 3 things match then the report table will be updated rather than > creating a new report table. So to get 2 report tables of the same > project-wide reports (meaning the first 2 items match) the .set file would > have to be different for each report. > > So for your drawing list report you would want to set up a .SET file for > each one. Then when you run the report make sure you select one of the .SET > files. Then rerun the exact same report but pick the other .SET file. It > should allow you to place a new report table down. > > Also, to split a report table across multiple drawings, once you determine > where the split should be, i.e. after a certain number of rows or by using > one of the Special Breaks, make sure you enter how many table sections you > want to allow per drawing. Once the number of table sections is reached you > should see a dialog asking where to place the next section, i.e. a new > drawing, a drawing within the project, etc. If you are using the number of > rows and you picked a number that didn't turn out the way you wanted, when > you get back to the report dialog just select Put on Drawing again and > change the number. It will redo the table sections allowing you to add more > if necessary or remove any extra table sections. > > One other item to note - if you do not want AcadE to ever update a > particular table you can use the Xdata Editor tool (on Project -> Extras > menu) and remove the xdata ACE_TABLE_TYPE. AcadE will not "see" this table > as belonging to a particular report and it will never match the 3 items > listed above. > > If this isn't helpful if you let me know a little more on how you did this > in 2004 I might be able to provide more information. > > Pat Murnen (Autodesk) > > "alritter" wrote in message > news:8179332.1093550759353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > FOR ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS THEY WANT TWO BOM'S,ONE CONTAINING ALL ELEC. > HARDWARE AND PANEL COMPONENTS AND ONE OF ALL PNEUMATIC MATERIALS. > > THE ONLY WAY NOW WITH 2005ELEC IS: > > USE PANEL REPORTS > > BOM > > PROJECTS > > SELECT FULL-VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE** > > SELECT THE DWG'S TO BE SCANNED > > SELECT PUT IN DWG > > SELECT # OF LINE PER COLUMN > > AFTER IT IS IN THE DWG CUT AND PASTE THE COLUMNS TO OTHER DWG'S > > > > FOR THE PNEUMATICS NOW; > > USE SCHEMATIC REPORT > > BOM - PROJECT > > SELECT THE PNEU. DWG'S > > PUT IN DWG > > > > IN 2004ELEC IT WOULD HANDLE THE SLIT FEATURE TO DIFFERENT DWG'S > > > > ALSO WE HAVE TO PUT TWO INDEX DWG'S ONE FOR SCHEMATICS AND ONE FOR THE > PNEUMATIC, THE DRAWING LIST REPORT HAS THE SAME FEATURE OF NOT LIKING TWO > DWG'S SO I HAVE COPY AND CUT AND PASTE THEN EDIT TO GET THE LOOK MY CUSTOMER > DEMAND VERY BACK DOOR METHOD AND NOT A GOOD USE OF MY TIME$$$ > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost