AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-BOM item numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lintt
208 Views, 3 Replies

Multi-BOM item numbers

Is there a way to add an item number to sub-assembly items in a Multi-BOM component? Specifically, I need to add item numbers for fuses that go into fuse holders, and relays that go into sockets.
We have a main MRP system that I have to conform to which lists the fuseholders as one item number, and the fuses as another.
I don't really like using the Assemblt\y/Sub assembly option in the catalog database. Multi BOM is so much quicker and neater.
Thanks,
Lynne
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
acadefan
in reply to: Lintt

I ran across this a few versions ago, and I don't believe it has ever been addressed.
How I have got around it in the past is just not to use sub assemblies or multi-bom's. Work on a one part per block basis.
Eg, create a electrical symbol which is a dashed line box which fits around your fuse symbol. Use this as your fuse holder part, and then use the fuse symbol,as your fuse part.
Its not elegant, but it gets you by.
Message 3 of 4
Lintt

Thanks, thats a good idea. It's certainly more elegant than totally faking it, which is what I ended up doing (dwg due Now!)
I'd like to add that to the wish list - that item numbers could be assigned to sub items.
I'd also like to display the sub assembly items so it was a bit more visually clear that the items belonged together. For example the option to make lines seperating master items from sub-assembly items dot lines or something similar.
Thanks again
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I will add your good ideas to the wish list. Keep them coming.

Pat Murnen
(Autodesk)

wrote in message news:4832349@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks, thats a good idea. It's certainly more elegant than totally faking
it, which is what I ended up doing (dwg due Now!)
I'd like to add that to the wish list - that item numbers could be assigned
to sub items.
I'd also like to display the sub assembly items so it was a bit more
visually clear that the items belonged together. For example the option to
make lines seperating master items from sub-assembly items dot lines or
something similar.
Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost