AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving PLC descriptions with the Scoot command in 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ddemerath
386 Views, 2 Replies

Moving PLC descriptions with the Scoot command in 2012

We have recently got new 64 bit computers and install the latest version of Acad Electrical 2012 on these 2 machines.  When we insert a PLC module, we like to move the PLC descriptions.  Back in Acad E 2008, you could use the Scoot command and it asked what you wanted to move, all or description only.  Well 2012 also asks and if you pick description only, it also move the description of the module and makes aligning up the main descriptions hard to properly locate.  Is there a fix for this problem?. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: ddemerath

You are correct.  I am getting the same results with version 2012.  It appears to be a defect for 32-bit and 64-bit versions.  After you move the PLC descriptions, use the Move/Show Attribute tool to return the module description text back to its original location.  I know this is an extra step but you still saved lots of time by using Scoot to move the I/O descriptions all at once.  Just use Move/Show Attribute as a work-around until Autodesk can get this fixed.  Perhaps someone from Autodesk can chime in and acknowledge this.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3

We have noticed this issue.

Thanks for your report !

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost