AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More information from Catalog data

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmterlap
400 Views, 4 Replies

More information from Catalog data

I know that if I want the Manufacturer name information transferred to an object, I can add tag "MFG" to the device.  Can I also get the Miscellaneous1 data from the catalog to show in a device?  What name would I use?  Tried "MISCELLANEOUS1" and "MISC1".

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: jmterlap

You can call the attribute pretty much whatever you like.
In the catalog you'll have to manually add somethin in the TEXTVALUE-field of your component.
The format here is ATTRIBUTETAG1=VALUE1;ATTRIBUTETAG2=VALUSE2 etc.

So, to get something into an attribute called MISC1, add "MISC1=Something that I want to see in the attribute" to the TEXTVALUE field.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
jmterlap
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks THL, I was able to get this to work, but it won't pass the information on the initial insert of the footprint.

Here is the procedure I followed to eventually get the data to pass through:

1. Icon Insert Menu
  2. Select Catalog number
  3. Insert Footprint to drawing and attach to device
  4. No MISC1 data showing
  5. Perform a Catalog Lookup on the footprint
  6. Re-select the catalog number
  7. MISC1 data now shows on the footprint.

See attachment for MISC1 configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
jalger

Hi Jmterlap,

You could assign a default Catalog number in the symbol builder for the symbol to use. That would allow the the textvalue to populate right away.

If you just want text in there to see if it is placed right you colud give the attribute some default text. (again this is done in the symbol builder).

If you make the change in the Block editor it will show you the text but it breaks the Symbol. (the ACADE layers are lost).

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 5
rhesusminus

My guess is that it doesn't tranfer the sata, as the symbol isn't inserted yet, so there's no MISC1 attribute available. 

That's just in that workflow for footprints, so I have no solution for this, if you do it this way.

Also, if the attrbiutes you have in the attached PDF is the ones you use in your footprints, there is something wrong. Footprints use an entirely different set of attributes than schematic components.

So, when using the symbol builder, select

Symbol: Panel Footprint

to get the orrect set of attributes.

The Symbol Builder Attribute Editor palette wil only show the attrbiutes that's a part of the corresponding attribute template file (see the help file).

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost