AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module within module?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
316 Views, 4 Replies

Module within module?

I'm completely new to AutoCad electrical, and was wondering if it's possible to create a wiring diagram then bundle it into a module that can be used within another wiring diagram.

What I'm hoping to do is, I work for a small radio station and I'm wanting to create wiring schematics because I've been hired after the fact with there being no diagrams. So what I'm wanting to do is have a wire diagram that shows the office space w/ a "module" for each room and be able to click on the module (room) to see that rooms specific schematics, yet able to "zoom" out to see how each module interacts with each other. Is this possible or am I wishful thinking here and better off creating diagrams for each room and each part of a room?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

I would guess that each oom should have it's own sheet in the project. Then, you could have an overview drawing, where each room has been made into a separate symbol, so that you can interconnect the rooms.

If you place a stand-alone cross reference in the overview draing and in the room drawing, you can use the "surf" function to "zoom" into the room maybe?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5

Excellent suggestion Rhesusminus!  I make much use of the stand-alone crossreferences.  They are also handy for cross-referencing PLC module splits, and connector splits.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

That's what I was actually hoping could happen. Thanks so much for the tip. I guess now I just need to find a good beginners book and start crack'n on it. This is my first meander into AutoCAD so I'm know I'm in for quite the surprise. Any book recommendations?

Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

There are really no books that are better than the built in tutorials.  If you really need to kick it into high gear quickly I suggest formal classroom training.  One week of training will pay for itself in productivity.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost