AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Blocks/Attributes to Company Standards - Need Help

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
teichelberg
217 Views, 7 Replies

Modifying Blocks/Attributes to Company Standards - Need Help

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions.

1. After working with ACad Electric for several projects, the company that I work for has asked me to make a few changes to the component blocks. For starters, they want them to be larger. All of my drawings are D size and are scaled down to 11x17. This is fine, except the components are a tad too small, so is there a setting that I could change to increase their size without manually doing it for every component?

2. The other thing the company has asked me to do is raise the attribute text above the component more than it is currently. Again, is there a setting that I could change that would universally raise the attributes, or would I have to manually edit each one?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: teichelberg

If you go to Swap Component, You can swap an old component for a new Component (Option A) or Update Block (Option B). This is the option you want. Click on LIBRARY Swap. In the next Dialog box, Change the insertion scale to the amount you want the blocks to "grow". Select Project wide and all blocks in the entire project will be increased by that amount as long as they are in the path listed in this dialog box. If you have some special blocks that you have created and they are not in this path, you will have to rerun this for the different paths. This will increase (or decrease) the size of the symbol and text so this may solve both of your questions. That's it! -- Robert Hanrahan Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. ACE user since 1997 "teichelberg" wrote in message news:3424901.1087485350496.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Hi guys, I have a couple of questions. > > 1. After working with ACad Electric for several projects, the company that I work for has asked me to make a few changes to the component blocks. For starters, they want them to be larger. All of my drawings are D size and are scaled down to 11x17. This is fine, except the components are a tad too small, so is there a setting that I could change to increase their size without manually doing it for every component? > > 2. The other thing the company has asked me to do is raise the attribute text above the component more than it is currently. Again, is there a setting that I could change that would universally raise the attributes, or would I have to manually edit each one?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Seems like there used to be a script to run to resize all the blocks... Maybe someone else remembers that? "TestSubject_US" wrote in message news:40d1c739$1_3@newsprd01... > If you go to Swap Component, You can swap an old component for a new > Component (Option A) or Update Block (Option B). This is the option you > want. Click on LIBRARY Swap. In the next Dialog box, Change the insertion > scale to the amount you want the blocks to "grow". Select Project wide and > all blocks in the entire project will be increased by that amount as long as > they are in the path listed in this dialog box. If you have some special > blocks that you have created and they are not in this path, you will have to > rerun this for the different paths. This will increase (or decrease) the > size of the symbol and text so this may solve both of your questions. > > That's it! > > -- > Robert Hanrahan > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > ACE user since 1997 > > > "teichelberg" wrote in message > news:3424901.1087485350496.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > > Hi guys, I have a couple of questions. > > > > 1. After working with ACad Electric for several projects, the company that > I work for has asked me to make a few changes to the component blocks. For > starters, they want them to be larger. All of my drawings are D size and > are scaled down to 11x17. This is fine, except the components are a tad too > small, so is there a setting that I could change to increase their size > without manually doing it for every component? > > > > 2. The other thing the company has asked me to do is raise the attribute > text above the component more than it is currently. Again, is there a > setting that I could change that would universally raise the attributes, or > would I have to manually edit each one? > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, there is a tool that can blast through an entire symbol library folder and scale symbols up or down and/or adjust attribute sizes. Go to the "Components" pulldown menu > "Symbol Library" > "Modify Symbol Library". "John Pullen" wrote in message news:40d3045f$1_1@newsprd01... > Seems like there used to be a script to run to resize all the blocks... > Maybe someone else remembers that? > > > "TestSubject_US" wrote in message > news:40d1c739$1_3@newsprd01... > > If you go to Swap Component, You can swap an old component for a new > > Component (Option A) or Update Block (Option B). This is the option you > > want. Click on LIBRARY Swap. In the next Dialog box, Change the insertion > > scale to the amount you want the blocks to "grow". Select Project wide and > > all blocks in the entire project will be increased by that amount as long > as > > they are in the path listed in this dialog box. If you have some special > > blocks that you have created and they are not in this path, you will have > to > > rerun this for the different paths. This will increase (or decrease) the > > size of the symbol and text so this may solve both of your questions. > > > > That's it! > > > > -- > > Robert Hanrahan > > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > > ACE user since 1997 > > > > > > "teichelberg" wrote in message > > news:3424901.1087485350496.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > > > Hi guys, I have a couple of questions. > > > > > > 1. After working with ACad Electric for several projects, the company > that > > I work for has asked me to make a few changes to the component blocks. > For > > starters, they want them to be larger. All of my drawings are D size and > > are scaled down to 11x17. This is fine, except the components are a tad > too > > small, so is there a setting that I could change to increase their size > > without manually doing it for every component? > > > > > > 2. The other thing the company has asked me to do is raise the attribute > > text above the component more than it is currently. Again, is there a > > setting that I could change that would universally raise the attributes, > or > > would I have to manually edit each one? > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
teichelberg

Thanks guys. Using your tips, I am able to easily resize component blocks and was able to change the text style to Arial.

One more question...

Is it possible to do a general move of some of the attributes on the PLC blocks? I want the tag to be on top with the rest of the info, and not resting inside, and I want to hide the number attributes and move the terminal descriptions above the terminal screws. However, I have a feeling that I will have to do all of that manually. Anyway, thanks for all your help!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I'm not aware of a built-in command for doing this one. You could always write a script to do that. "teichelberg" wrote in message news:13127033.1087850975355.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Thanks guys. Using your tips, I am able to easily resize component blocks and was able to change the text style to Arial. > > One more question... > > Is it possible to do a general move of some of the attributes on the PLC blocks? I want the tag to be on top with the rest of the info, and not resting inside, and I want to hide the number attributes and move the terminal descriptions above the terminal screws. However, I have a feeling that I will have to do all of that manually. Anyway, thanks for all your help!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

It is not difficult to do, just a little time consuming. From here, you will have to modify the original blocks that you inserted and then just do an update again. When asked, select the updated blocks instead of the old ones. I have modifed several blocks and when I need to, I copy them to a new directory that I created for user modified blocks and add it to the filepath. -- Robert Hanrahan Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. ACE user since 1997 "teichelberg" wrote in message news:13127033.1087850975355.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Thanks guys. Using your tips, I am able to easily resize component blocks and was able to change the text style to Arial. > > One more question... > > Is it possible to do a general move of some of the attributes on the PLC blocks? I want the tag to be on top with the rest of the info, and not resting inside, and I want to hide the number attributes and move the terminal descriptions above the terminal screws. However, I have a feeling that I will have to do all of that manually. Anyway, thanks for all your help!
Message 8 of 8
Jay Mackey

Can this modify the height of the CAT and MFG attributes? Is there a way to quickly change all of the symbols in the library so that these attributes are visible by default?

Thanks,

Jay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost