AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying a configured circuit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mgoolsby75
422 Views, 8 Replies

Modifying a configured circuit

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of Autocad Electrical and I'm figuring all this stuff out on my own accord. The engineer bought this program with the expectation of achieving quick productivity in a short time. So... With that in mind I need some help customizing a configured 3ph motor circuit with our design standards. Any help would be GREAT!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi mgoolsby75,

Appreciate your report !

You can customize a configured 3ph motor circuit in Circuit Builder in Autocad Electrical, just go to Ribbon, Schemetic tab, click Circuit Builder button, select a type of configured 3ph motor circuit, click Configure to launch Circuit Configuration dialog box for customization. Additionally, you can get more details from Help document at Advanced Productivity section, see attached image.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the info, but I understand how to configure the 3 ph. motor with circuit builder. It's modifying the motor to our design standards which I'm having difficulties with. ex. I finish configuring the motoe, but after Autocad designs the motor, per my specs, it still does not show me the 3 ph wiring that should connnect to the motor itself. It only shows on wire connecting and two others that aren't. Hope anyone can help with this matter.

Message 4 of 9

Hello,

Can you attach a picture to show the 3 ph. motor circuit in your design standard which you want to implemented. then we can have a check and let you know how to implement it if it can be implemented by our ACE.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9

That would be great!!! I have attached what ACE designs per my specs and what I am trying to achieve. Thank you for any help.

Message 6 of 9
mgoolsby75
in reply to: mgoolsby75

I think I may have found the problem. I have found a catalog list lookup that I didn't know about, but the problem I face now, is that the motor that we buy is not on ACE. The  company is Baldor Reliance motors. I'm wodering if I input the same specs from another manufacturer if that would correct my issue.

Message 7 of 9
Icemanau
in reply to: mgoolsby75

It's easy to add new components to the catalog lookup database.

Either use Microsoft Access to open the dafault_cat.mdb or insert a component similar to what you need, do a lookup and then click on Add and fill out the dialog box.

This will create all the correct entries in the correct places. All you have to do is make sure you are looking in the correct table (MO for motors) before you add the data.

Using Access you will need to do all this manually but is quicker if you are adding a lot of components.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

Hello mgoolsby75,

Please let us know if Brad Coleman's solution have resolved your issues. And also please let us know if you still have any other issues when you are using the ACE.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9

Thank you for and your team with this matter. I've never needed this type of forum before, but it's been really successful in me being successful!

Sincerely,

Michael Goolsby

Electrical CADD Technician

ESD Waste2Water

Ocala, Fl.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost