AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile and/or Non ACADE Access to Electrical Projects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drathak
366 Views, 3 Replies

Mobile and/or Non ACADE Access to Electrical Projects

In a meeting this morning introducing our Test guys to AutoCAD Electrical, I was asked if it would be possible for them to have "limited read only access" to a copy of the files for quick access to the information being stored on the components.  (In particular part information, but ratings and such as well.)

I know I can publish the project to Sharepoint as DWFx and most people can then view and print them, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't really carry any of the information they'd want access to and even if so, not readily accessible.

Is there a way to do this? Would AutoCAD360 Mobile get me where I need to go?

Surfing or at least hyperlinks within the package would be nice too.  Any suggestions would be very welcome.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
electricman1
in reply to: drathak

A multi-sheet pdf is a good way to go. I used this in ACADE 2011 and can't speak for other versions.

Message 3 of 4
drathak
in reply to: electricman1

@electricman1 wrote:

A multi-sheet pdf is a good way to go. I used this in ACADE 2011 and can't speak for other versions.

I presume that addresses the hyperlinks, but probably not data access, right?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

Option 1.

DWG True View is a free program from ACAD. You just need to download it and install on the required systems.

This will allow them to open the dwgs but won't allow them to select the components to access the required information.

The only options are Plot, Dwg Convert, Measure & Layer Control.

You will have to run a BOM report and place the resulting list on a dwg for them.

Option 2.

ACAD Lite should allow them to access the attribute information on the blocks but is not read only.

You may have to limit their access to read only for the dwg directory if the dwgs are on a network.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost