AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing terminal block footprints

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kwj
Contributor
274 Views, 1 Reply

Missing terminal block footprints

I recently had an issue with autocad crashing on startup and had to reinstall. Now when I re-build terminal strips in drawings with entrelec terminal blocks, the terminal block footprints are replaced with a generic looking 2-screw terminal block (formerly was a correct-looking spring terminal block, for instance). I have re-installed entrelec mfg info through add/remove features. The terminal block editor shows the correct catalog number as well. Anyone have any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: kwj

First of all, make sure that ACADE is looking at the correct datafiles for the lookup tables, in this specific case, the footprint lookup tables.

Also make sure that the directory where the correct dwg is located is in the footprint search path and the actual dwg file still exists in that directory.

This is usually spplicable when the datafiles and block dwgs reside on a network drive.

If the tables being looked at are the only available tables, it will be that when the re-install was done, ACADE overwrote any updated tables with the table that came out of the box.

This means that ACADE will not be pointed to the detailed graphic that you require.

To fix this problem, you will need to edit the footprint lookup table to point to the correct dwg for the part number.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost