AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing symbols on some drawings of project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MOHEB62
1043 Views, 3 Replies

Missing symbols on some drawings of project

I have a question about missing some symbols , on some special drawings of project.For example in one of my project I can insert relay N/O contact symbol from icon menu in one drawing but on the other drawing of that same project I cant do it and this AutoCad warning message appears:'file not found' Could you please help me in this problem? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: MOHEB62

It sounds like your AutoCAD Electrical project is not pointing to a valid library path.  The reason you will be able to insert on some drawings has to do with an old, old AutoCAD function that uses a local block, if found, before inserting a fresh block from the hard disk.  Any drawings that already contain the relay symbol will have no problem.  AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical both look local (inside the drawing file itself) before they look elsewhere for the block name you specify.  Even if you have deleted all occurrences of a block, unless you purge the drawing of unused blocks, they will still be resident in the file.  This is why AutoCAD Electrical includes the Update Block utility.  It will essentially delete and purge all occurrences of a specified block and replace with a new one from the library folder, and of course it can perform the operation project wide. 

Check your project properties to be sure you have a valid symbol library path specified.  Perhaps you have upgraded and your project is still pointing to an old library path.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
MOHEB62

Thanks for your attention sir

So,It seems that this problem depends on this special project and if I change my project and transfer it 's drawings to new one it removes.Due to I checked this project on another pc and problem again appears,is it necessary to reinstall software?

best regards

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau

No need to re-install....

Right click on a project where everything is working properly. Expand the Schematic and Panel Footprint Libraries sections located in the Project Settings tab.

Write down the directory paths (or do a printscreen).

Right click on the project that has the problems and open the Project Settings tab. Now expand the Schematic and Panel Footprint sections. Check the settings and if any are different to what you have written down, change them to match.

If the client wants special blocks used, add them at the top of the settings list so that they are looked through first but make sure that your standard directories are listed under them. That way is the client blocks dont have what you need, the program then looks in your standard library and uses the standard block.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost