AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misc_Table

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
281 Views, 3 Replies

Misc_Table

Hi,

I have created some new symbols with new family codes. When I insert a some of them the look-up function automatically searches the misc_table rather than the family code table. Why does this happe? I notice that you can uncheck the search on the misc-table. However I want the look-up to auto search the family code table. What I am doing to make it search the misc_table? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sonny3g
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you add a table for the new family code to the catalog and add the family code to the Family Code table in your catalog.mdb file?  The table needs to exist and the family code needs to exist in the family code table in order for the lookup to work.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sonny3g

Yes, I have created the new table and used a new family code in the symbol builder. I do already have some of these new symbols, tables and family codes functioning but cant understand why two of these symbols are not as they are searching the misc_table instead of the family table.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
sonny3g
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the symbol have the family attribute and does it contain the correct entry?  Does the symbol have a wdblknam attribute and if so, does it contain the correct family code?

After that, I am out of ideas as these are the most common issues that I have run into.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost