AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum din rail length

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jasantangelo
814 Views, 8 Replies

Minimum din rail length

Does anyone know how to adjust the minimum length when inserting a section of din rail. I have tried adjusting the RAILLENMIN column in the WDDINRL.xls file. However, this did not work. Also, I have tried changing all SLOT** columns to 0 hoping that not displaying slots might help but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggetions?

Joe

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: jasantangelo

Which of the DIN-rails do you use?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 9
jasantangelo
in reply to: rhesusminus

We typically use AB 199-DR1 or AB 1492-N44.

Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: jasantangelo

Hi.

I've changed my settings to metric, but the RAILLENMIN does what you want it to do.

Keep in mind that if you have changed the scale-value, that this also affects the RAILLENMIN.

This is my setting for AB 199-DR1:

MFG CAT ASSYCODE DESC RAILWID RAILCEN RAILCEN1 RAILCEN2 RAIL2SLOTCEN RAIL2ENDBASE RAILLENSTD SLOTOFS SLOTCEN2CEN SLOTLEN SLOTWID RAILLENMIN CHANNEL CHANNEL CHANNEL CHANNEL CHANNEL CHANNEL_END CHANNEL_END MIN_SHIFT NCHOLE BRKT BRKT_NAME BRKT_MFG BRKT_CAT BRKT_ASMB CATALOG_TABLE
AB 199-DR1   Symmetrical Rail 35mm x 7.5mm 1m lon 35 25     0   1000 25 50 13 5 80 17,5 12,5 -12,5 -17,5   17,5 -17,5 150 dinrail_nc-00a yes dinrail_1492-N25 AB 1492-N25   DIN

If I draw in scale 0.1 (1/10), and try to insert a rail that is shorter then 8, AUtoCAD Electrical tells me that the value is too short, and that it will use 8 instead.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
jasantangelo

Thank you. The scale-value was the issue. I have reset and it is working as expected now.

Message 6 of 9
arman3438760

Hi,

I've had the same issue and sent a request on Facebook. Waiting for respond!!🙂

Kind Regards,

Arman

Message 7 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: arman3438760

If you have the same issue, the solution should also be the same?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 9
arman3438760

Thank you so much for your reply, my problem is solved.

Kind Regards,

Arman

Message 9 of 9
arman3438760

Could you please let me know if I uninstall and reinstall my AutoCAD Electrical , will I lose my projects I have done. I mean is it dangerous?

Before I came to the company it was installed on "C Drive",  but I was told I have to work on another "Drive". Can I bring all stuff to the new one?

Kind Regards,

Arman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost