AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

military aircraft electrical upgraders

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
joe51
351 Views, 8 Replies

military aircraft electrical upgraders

Military aircraft electrical upgrades require all wire segments to have a unique wire number. I have found that AutoCAD Electrical labels wires according to networks. Has anyone developed a scheme to automatically label each wire segment with a unique wire number. Is it possible?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
testsubject
in reply to: joe51

I am assuming you need to number the wire jumpers that can occur from terminal to terminal. You might try placing the jumpers in the top and bottom of the terminal. This would generate a different wire number for each.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 9
joe51

Sorry I didn't make myself clear on the initial posting. The wire segments I was referring to are the result of wire splices and are represented by tie points on the wiring diagram. Each splice creates two new wire segments. Each wire segment requires a unique wire number. This segment numbering system makes trouble-shooting easier for the technician. Imagine trying to find a specific wire segment when a network having multiple splices over a twenty foot run has but one wire number.
Thanks, joe51
Message 4 of 9
testsubject

Well, this just got easier...
Since you will have splices, I would make a component out of the splice. I would use a terminal as my template for the design of the splice. It does not have to look like I terminal. I would use the terminal just to see how to set up the wire breaks. (X4TERM01 for the left and X1TERM01 for the right)Now when you insert the splice, it will automatically split the wire into 2 pieces.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE User since 1997

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 5 of 9
joe51

Thank for the info Robert! I've only been using ACE for a few days and am having a hard time with it. I've been trying to piece things together by using the "Help" files within the program. No manual came with the program and I can't find a source for one. I'll try your solution in the morning.
Once again, thanks for your assistance.
Joe51
Message 6 of 9
testsubject

Have you tried going through the Tutorial located within the Electrical Help Topics? I will admit that ACE is not something that you can just jump in and start using effectively. Thatonly comes with time. I find that this is a very flexible program and you can do a lot with it. Just about every part of it is customizable. I have made lots of custom components for the unique items that I use in my enclosures.

Have fun with it and don't let yourself feel overwelmed.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE User Since 1997

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Joe, One other thing that may help give you a unique wire number on a per-wire basis instead of a per-network basis is to go to the "Project" dialog (last toolbar button) > "Misc Settings" button in bottom left part of dialog > "Wire Numbers" button > toggle on "Special: wire numbering on per-wire basis". Now, if you rerun the "Auto Wire Num" command, it should generate a unique wire number for each wire that begins/ends at a component connection. Use the 45deg wire cmd, as needed, to get multiple wires to tie to a common point (ex: your "splice" symbol). Nate. "joe51" wrote in message news:8645673.1087330869368.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Thank for the info Robert! I've only been using ACE for a few days and am having a hard time with it. I've been trying to piece things together by using the "Help" files within the program. No manual came with the program and I can't find a source for one. I'll try your solution in the morning. > Once again, thanks for your assistance. > Joe51
Message 8 of 9
handrew

Nate, I found your response particularly helpful.

As a note, on ACE 2006, Right click on the Project Folder in the project manager, select Properties, and click the Wire Numbers button to access the "...per-wire basis" setting.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

There is a bit more info on this subject. See
posting "
Setting up Ace2006 for point-to-point
aviation/aerospace type schematics" dated May 20, 2005.

Nate, I found your response
particularly helpful. 

As a note, on ACE 2006, Right click on the
Project Folder in the project manager, select Properties, and click the Wire
Numbers button to access the "...per-wire basis" setting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost