AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Utility - Footprint Database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
flyFisher67
263 Views, 1 Reply

Migration Utility - Footprint Database

I'm in the process of creating a bunch of custom footprints. I'm trying to decide where it is best to save them. I came up with the idea of saving them in the libs/panel area under a new folder called USER_PANEL. Then in the footprint database I can simply add USER_PANEL to the front of the path to the block. So for example, a Merlin Gerin circuit breaker block that comes with AE might have a path in the footprint database like - MERLIN GERIN\CB-CIRCUIT BREAKERS\D_C60_3P, while a custom Merlin Gerin footprint might be referenced - USER_PANEL\MERLIN GERIN\CB-CIRCUIT BREAKERS\C60H_2P. This seems to work just fine, but I'm wondering if I'm creating a problem for myself when I upgrade to a newer version? Are these types of database changes easy to migrate, or should I adopt a different approach?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Good day,
In AutoCAD Electrical there is a pretty robust migration utility for the databases. This allows you to make choices on source / destination database as well as merge, overwrite etc... You can access this command in AutoCAD Electrical under the Projects pull down menu, then Extras, then Migration Utility. If you are using AutoCAD Electrical 2010 and are utilizing the Ribbon interface it is on the Project Tab, Other Tools Panel then Migration Utility.

I hope this helps.

Robert Stein
Real Software Solutions
www.yourrealsoftwaresolutions.com
Rob Stein
Real Software Solutions
robert.stein@yourrealsoftwaresolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost