AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate AutoCAD Elec. 2013 custom PLC template too 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
449 Views, 2 Replies

Migrate AutoCAD Elec. 2013 custom PLC template too 2014

Can someone help me?? I have created several custom PLC's using the PLC database file editor in AutoCAD Electrical 2013 and would like to migrate those to AutoCAD Electrical 2014. I have tried using the migration utility without any success. I do not want to recreate them any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
electricman1
in reply to: Anonymous

The database file you need to copy is ACE_PLC.MDB.

This can be found C:Users\*****\Documents\Acad20**\***\. Try a File Explorer Search, sometimes the \Acad20**\ directory will be hidden. Make sure you bakup the database file above on a thumb or network drive just in case your harddrive poops out. It happens.

I don't have the 2013/2014 version, so I cannot be sure of these newer versions.

Since you are using the Parametric PLC's I suggest trying the following website for creating a PLC IO Utility Spreadsheet: www.racklayout.com

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: electricman1

I tried your suggestion to copy the .MDB file over and it did not work. The PLC's I created were not there. I noticed in the search for that file name it was also found in program files also and I copied it there also but still o luck.

Any other idea's anyone?

Thanks for your help Electricman 1, I will try that racklayout.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost