AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menu compile fail

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
userlevel6
181 Views, 0 Replies

menu compile fail

--strike-- On a brand new computer and new installation of ACE 2008, I've apparently had a menu compile failure of some sort. After initial configuration was completed, I noticed the ACE toolbar menu buttons were all appearing as clouds with question marks, and the tool palette icons were missing. After restarting ACE, the images all appeared, but the tool palette text is all still missing. Changing settings to display icons vs icons and text, and then changing back to icons and text did not fix the problem. Exiting ACE, deleting the acade.cui and acade.mnr and forcing a re-compile by copying the source menu file from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2008\UserDataCache\Electrical\UserSupport to the user folder under Documents and Settings\\Application Data\... didn't help either--strike--

Any ideas, anyone?

Further investigation has led to a better understanding of the problem, but still no solution. Seems to be an error with the ACADE profile.

This user has Autcad Mechanical 2009 on this machine, and the ACADE 2008 profile has somehow become cross-linked to it, but only for the user, not the administrator or when a new user logs in! (I logged in as myself and did not experience the palette trouble.)

I have tried setting the current profile to VANILLA and the other available Unknown Profile and deleting the ACADE profile. Upon restarting ACADE, a new ACADE profile generates, but it has generated what appears to be a profile integrating the Autodesk products on the user's machine, which is vastly different in appearance, and does not insert ACADE symbols when the Electrical tab is selected. I've advised the Administrator that to fix the problem, he may have to delete ACAD-E entirely from the user's machine, and clean the registry and user's folders of all ACAD-E items before attempting to re-install ACAD-E 2008.
Does this sound like the solution needed?
Haven't tried it yet.

Continuing to talk to myself now...
This issue is certainly related to Autodesk Mechanical 2009 residing on the same machine with ACAD Electrical 2008. It happened on another machine this morning that was newly configured for ACE 2008. The solution (workaround) I've used so far is to log in as a different user and copy the ACE-specific folders stored in the Documents and Settings tree to a temporary location, also export that user's ACE profile (to an .arg file), then log back in as the user with the problem and replace his ACE-specific folders under Documents and Settings, and then import the .arg file saved from the other user. Edited by: Userlevel6 on Sep 29, 2008 12:59 PM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost