AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCB with auxiliary contact ( changeover )

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5083 Views, 6 Replies

MCB with auxiliary contact ( changeover )

how to add auxiliary in MCB?
actually i'm try to make the MCB as parent and Auxiliary with changeover type as a child, is it possible?
pls refer to this attachment.
TQ
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sven_kloeck
in reply to: Anonymous

Just use a change-over contact of the relays. Electrical will probably point out that the family code is different and ask to change this. You can add an auxiliary to nearly everything.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

i did as per your guide, but the pop up is coming " Alert: too many contact references", for your information i'm using lookup (merlin gerin catalouge : 18789) that mean the contact available is 1,2,3,4),
let say i hav to add 2 nos of changeover contact which is "11,12,14; 21,22,24" ?
Message 4 of 7
sven_kloeck

I'm assuming you have ACE2008. What you want you can do automaticly when selecting catalog item. Go to component-> cross-reference->pin list database editor. Then pick the merlin gerin table. Then find the specific catalog number. With me it says on that line: MERLIN GERIN 18789 1,2 1,3,4
I would change it into this by pressing edit:
MERLIN GERIN 18789 1,2 1,3,4:3,11,14,12;3,21,24,22
If you press help in the edit window you can see how this all works.
Next time you assign this catalog number to a component it will work as you want.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

TQ, it work, but the component cross reference not appear at parent, i already add no xrefno and nc xrefnc in the parent block, is't anything i miss out?
Message 6 of 7
sven_kloeck

With me the cross-reference was hidden. So try Components -> Cross-Reference -> Hide/Unhide Cross-Referencing. I don't know why it is hidden because in the block the attribute wasn't set invisible.

Sven Kloeck
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

tq for your reply, it work, but the cross reference show just inline text, how to change cross reference for mcb with the symbol, pls refer to my attactment, the relay has a cross reference with symbol.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost