AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Item Number List

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
267 Views, 2 Replies

Master Item Number List

Is there a way to create a master list of all components assigned an Item Number even though the component(s) may have not beed inserted into a drawing?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe I don't completely understand your need but you have to insert either a schematic symbol or a panel layout symbol in order to have the opportunity to assign item numbers. So I'm not sure how you would have any item number associations to list without some sort of symbol.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We assign our own item numbers when we insert a footprint. We also use many of the same parts from project to project. I'm currently working on a project based on another project that has already have assigned item numbers. I would like to know which parts have been assigned which numbers. I would like to be able to create a master list of all parts that have been assigned an item number... even though the footprint has not been inserted into a drawing (since I may not need that item). I would like to reuse an item number for a similar part such as replacing a 6 amp breaker with a 10 amp breaker. I would like to group similar components together so that they appear on the BOM in a meaningful order...keeping terminal blocks together in a range, for example, BOM item numbers 30 to 50 and the PLCs in a range from 80 to 100.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost