AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mas update of Drawing %D values within a project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
H3llCaT101
408 Views, 3 Replies

Mas update of Drawing %D values within a project

Hi Guys,

How could I do a mass update of the drawing %D values of all drawings within a project.  

My thatght was to use the project wide utilities and run a script file which used the -attedit command and edited the "SHEETDWGNAME" attribute withing the WD_M block.   Find my script below.

-attedit
n
n
wd_m
sheetdwgname

* --THIS DOES NOT WORK!--
--NEW DRAWING NAME GOES HERE--

It was looking good but I ran into an issue when I reached the "Enter string to change:" command where I need to be able to use a wild card value because I often reuse drawings which already have values assigned.  

The issue is that the '*' in this instance does NOT act as a wildcard.  

1. Does anyone know how to use a wildcard value in this insance       OR

2. Does anyone know of a better way to do a mass update the drawing %D values of a select number of drawings withing a project.  

Thanks in advnace for your assistance.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: H3llCaT101

This function is built into the ACADE project manager...

You also need to have mapped the %D field to an attribute in your title block.

First of all, you need to open the DRAWING PROPERTIES of each drawing and make sure that the Drawing field  (Bottom Left Corner) has the correct value in it.

Next you RIGHT CLICK on the project name in the project manager.

Now select Title Block Update from the menu that comes up.

Place a check mark in the box next to the 'Drawing (%D value)' entry in the bottom section.

Also select any other title block changes that are required in the same manner.

Click on either the 'OK Active Drawing Only' or the 'OK Project-wide' buttons.

The Active only button will only update the dwg you are working on and only if that dwg is part of the active project.

The Project-wide button will bring up a dialog box to allow you to select which dwgs to process.

ACADE will then go through and update the selected attributes in the title block with the selected fields in the previous dialogs.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
H3llCaT101
in reply to: Icemanau

@Icemanau wrote:

First of all, you need to open the DRAWING PROPERTIES of each drawing and make sure that the Drawing field  (Bottom Left Corner) has the correct value in it.

Sorry I may not have been clear.  This is the step I am trying to automate.  

I have a number of drawings contained in a project with values entered in the Drawing field and I would like to update all of them at once.  

Is there currently a way to automate this step?

Message 4 of 4
vladop
in reply to: H3llCaT101

If you are using ACADE2012 or higher use Export/Import Drawing Settings.

Follow this link, click on "What's New in 2012 Release" on the left and watch first video on the page:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2014/ENU/index.html?url=filesAcadE_WhatsNew/GUID-2F09DC97-AAD0-4742-...

Vladimir

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost