AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marker fan in/out source or dest

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
195 Views, 2 Replies

marker fan in/out source or dest

I been trying to figure out how to use this feature with little success. I been putting in the source and destination points with little trouble. The problem really happens when putting in the wires going into the multi-conductor cable. If I use the regular wire tool it wants to put in a connection point.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rneal
in reply to: Anonymous

I aslo have had this same problem. Let me know if you come up with anything. I will do the same
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have only used this tool on a couple of projects and here is what I have found about how it works. You have to use the AutoCAD LINE command to begin your "wire" fan in/out geometry, up to the point where the fan in/out wires would be horizontal or vertical to connect to your device. Use the Wire Tool for completing the circuit wiring to the device.
Now insert your fan in/out Source & Destination symbols. Then use the Markers - Fan in/out - Layers Toolbutton to assign the basic geometry to the "_MULTI_Layer" layer.
This is how it has worked best for me. A lot of steps but it works. Maybe the pros with speak up and give us some clues. Hope that helped.

Jim
Mckee Foods Corp.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost